“Great breakfast spot!”

Cuisines: American
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great breakfast spot!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were two couples visiting Oriental on a boat trip in June. We had breakfast here both mornings of our stay. We had typical breakfast fare, eggs and omelets, grits
,etc. All of the food was very good as was the service. The one complaint was the coffee was a little weak, everything else was really good.

Visited June 2014

New Bern, North Carolina
“Good old country cooking”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We like Brantley's. It's where the locals eat. It's not fancy, it's not fabulous, but it's also NOT expensive! We ate lunch there today -- the service is quick, and I ordered the turkey club sandwich with french fries for the second time. I really like this sandwich -- 7.95. My husband got their 2-hotdog special with fries for 4.95. We would have paid twice that much for lunch at the Toucan Grill in Oriental, except we left when no waitress ever came to our table at the Toucan! I was glad we drove over to Brantley's instead. My only complaint about Brantley's is that once I ordered a fish sandwich, and it had slender fish bones (quite a few) in it. When I asked the waitress, she replied that that was normal, and most people just eat them (!!) Not normal for ME! But otherwise, we like Brantley's a lot. Good breakfast offerings too, and very good prices.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife had the shrimp burger and fries, and I had the BBQ sandwich. My wifes shrimp burger what outstanding and the fries were perfect. I had the BBQ sandwich, I was raised on vinegar BBQ and this sandwich was right on! it was one of the best I have had (vinegar BBQ is an art and they have it). My wife had a piece of chocolate pie, and it was out of this world. I can't wait until I can get back, and enjoy.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rodanthe1
Oriental, North Carolina
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I would recommend Brantley's to anyone. There's a large variety on the menu, and he has a daily 'all you can eat' lunch buffet. The prices are reasonable, service is outstanding and you can always count on the food being good.

Visited April 2014
Oriental, North Carolina
“Back for more”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Ate here in December several times for breakfast, back in town this month. This time not only ate breakfast here but lunch as well. Check out the lunch time buffet if you are looking for real down home food. Good service very friendly people.

Visited February 2014