“Best place in Oriental to Eat”
Review of The Silos

The Silos
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Oriental
Cuisines: Italian
Kemah, Texas
“Best place in Oriental to Eat”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not only is the setting unique, the pizza is wonderful! We had veggie pizza with extra cheese and Italian sausage on the hand-tossed crust and it was excellent. The service was good and everyone was very friendly. The table next to us had cheeseburgers and they looked (and smelled) good so next time we will try those.

Visited September 2012

New Bern, NC
“So disappointed”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

First, let me say that the food and atmosphere is good. We had a great experience the first time we ate here and we knew that it would soon be a favorite spot for us. We have eaten here three times. On our second trip to The Silos, we were returning for their delicious steak. We got there on a Saturday and they were out of steak. After driving 25 minutes just to eat there, we were disappointed but ordered pizza instead and it was good, but not what we were wanting. On our third and most recent visit, we took an out of town guest with us on a Friday night for a good steak dinner. Guess what they were out of? Steak! We were really disappointed. My husband chose something else from the menu. Our food arrived 45 minutes after we arrived. My husband's entree was the wrong entree. They forgot to make my son's dinner and he had to wait another 10 minutes to eat. The waitress was very apologetic and very nice. We know it was not her fault but we were so disappointed and embarrassed in front of our guest. We saw a manager walking around and checking on tables at one point before our food arrived but never saw a manager after our mishap. It would have been nice for an apology from management as well. The waitress kindly did not charge us for our son's meal or my husband's. Sadly, I don't know that we will return. The only reason I have not rated this experience as "terrible" (the lowest rating) is because of the very nice waitress. If only the management and kitchen staff were as good as her!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nbchica
ChrisDaniels, Owner at The Silos, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Our steaks are definitely one of the best steaks in the area. Because we get them specifically hand cut for us, we have run out from time to time. There is new ownership that took place in August of 2012 and i can reassure that this will not happen again. It is unfortunate that this has happen to you a couple of times and I am sorry. I have taken the advice and have been ordering more steaks. We all try very hard at the Silos to give great service and provide great food. We have grown as a restaurant and these are some of the pains. I can assure you I will have a steak for you next time if you give us another shot. Thank you.
Oriental, North Carolina
“The local pizza place”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Live music - fun with locals. Ice cold beer.

Speciality pizzas & great Itialian dishes.

Friendly staff - small speciality foods area.
Don't miss this while in Oriental,

Newport, NC
“The Silos is way more than just a unique building!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was the menu that attracted me to the Silos in Oriental. A group of ladies from Carteret County and New Bern met there for lunch and it was way more than I expected. The food was excellent. The service was top notch!
I had a Cuban sub and it was prepared exactly the way it is supposed to be. One of my friends had lasagna and liked it very much. Some had salads. I'd like to go back again and try other dishes because everyone loved their food.
Oh! and another good thing about this is the fact that they don't jack up the prices to an unaffordable amount because of their unique building, which looks like grain silos. :)

• Visited July 2012
Severn, MD
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We went to the restaurant based on reviews from TripAdvisor. I would have never known it was even there without TripAdvisor and this was our 3rd trip to Oriental! Food was great. I had seafood, my husband steak. Both were delicious, very flavorful. Service was very good. the restaurant and bar appears to be a local favorite. The night we were there was their two for one pizza special. It's so popular, they ran out of the thick crust pizza.

• Visited July 2012