“Great seafood and desserts”
Review of Toucan Grill

Toucan Grill
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Oriental
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stopped in last night with the grand kids and friends. I had the best New England clam chowder I have had in a long time. Also they had switch eggs on the menu you do't see these in to many restaurants they were great. Crab cakes were great as well. I mentioned great desserts we did not have any but I have eaten their hem made key lime pie is one of the best as well.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Toucan has great food. I think they're a little pricy, but I don't mind paying the price, if I can count on the food being good. I have no complaints. No matter how many times I've eaten there, the food is consistently good. I've never been disappointed, and the service is dependable. Good stop for anyone.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The food was very good and the dessert was even better. Chocolate by death or something like that. Very enjoyable location. The waitress forgot to tell us about the specials and we had already ordered but it turned out ok anyway.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Such a beautiful spot for a restaurant! Overlooking the harbor, great view. We gave the lady our name for a party of 7 at 5:30 pm on a Thursday night. There were empty tables: they told us to expect a 6:45 table. We had drinks across the lawn at the Tiki bar. We sat down at 7:15. They put us at two different tables, quite a distance apart. We got water and silverware at 7:30. Menu at 7:45. There were still empty tables. Ordered at 8:00. Food arrived at 8:30. It was cold. Everyone was so hungry we ate it anyway. No point complaining. Quality was very mediocre. Asked for checks at 8:50. Finally left at 9:45 pm. Table staff was very disorganized. Our waitress said she had to make our salads. Something is terribly wrong with their system and processes.

2  Thank Cavu F
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We ate here for three dinners on our most recent stay. As we had remembered from our visit last fall, the staff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to meet your needs. Fresh seafood is their specialty, and their reputation is well deserved. If they have a fault, it is that their servings tend to be too generous (I have no qualms with requesting a box for leftovers). Can't wait to return in the fall.