“Did they turn it on?”
Review of Andrews Geyser

Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Old Fort
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently restored, the geyser is located about five miles from town.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Did they turn it on?”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I agree with other reviewer,when it is frozen and full of ice it is beautiful.I have great photos I have also caught a rainbow when the mist and sun were just right.When I first found it ,I thought the history and its location was interesting.Things went down hill when I brought relatives from Germany there.They pretty much found it to be of little or no interest.They only enjoyed photos on the big concrete chair.If you are passing by go see it,do not make it a stop on your todo list.When you think that they turn it on and off like a faucet,it really takes away its appeal.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank regina a

Asheville, North Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Frozen Geyser”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

te geyser area takes you back in time. You realize this used to be a stop on a train ride. It is spectacular in the winter when it freezes.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Deb R
Asheville
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Andrews Geyser - in the s-curve of the train”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Well, I wasn't really disappointed, but it's not an attraction I would purposely go to, nor would I tell someone else they just had to go there. It is a great parking area for cyclists wishing to take the Old Hwy 70 bike trail to Ridgecrest/ Black Mountain. And, if you're in Old Fort anywhy, why not?!! If you are there when the train passes through, it is in an s-curve and pretty cool!

N.C.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Interesting!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

It's different!...in a weird way! I didn't see anything spectatular
about it! Won't go again.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank babetravels
Greenville, North Carolina
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Geyser Surprise at Old Fort”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well gee I was excited to find this geyser albeit man made. I have been to this area of the NC mountains for years and we did not know this little park existed! Its not "Yellowstone" spectacular but I don't know of any geyser in NC other than this one and we enjoyed the drive down the small mountain hollow to get there. Andrews Geyser is certain to delight young kids however. World travelers may not be impressed. Old Fort should make an effort (other than just a road sign) to let traveler know about it. Its free. The creek is lovely. The grass is green and nice to enjoy. The water shoots high in the sky. This geyser was just the type of lovely surprise we like to find while traveling.

Visited June 2012