“If you had to wait you know it was worth it.”

Ocracoke Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Ocracoke
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ocracoke Coffee Company is the island’s local coffee shop dedicated to providing you with an idyllic setting to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee, delicious smoothie, and scrumptious breakfast. Our little corner of the island is the quintessential location to sit back and relax—smell the sweet jasmine, meet someone new, or get reacquainted with old friends.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I live in southern Virginia. I was once convinced to travel 80 miles to a Starbucks. Next time I'll travel the 300 miles to The Ocracoke Coffee Company.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We found ourselves going twice to get smoothies. I got the red rover and my better half got a special order. The best time to go is either in the early morning, or late afternoon once the lunch crowd has left. The prices were very reasonable and we find ourselves wanting more smoothies as soon as we left :-(. We will be going to there every time we visit!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Ocracoke Coffee Company was our haven in the mornings for our coffee needs. They usually only have four roasts brewed a day (one dark, one medium, one light, and one flavored), but you are sure to find one ready that you like. I had the Coconut brew, and even though I am used to flavored creamer at home, the coconut with half & half and some sugar was very good.
The Coffee Co also has a wide variety of cold drinks, ranging from iced coffees/lattes, etc. to smoothies and frozen coffees. They also offer bagels with cream cheese, muffins, coffee cakes, and other baked goodies, as well as fruit, yogurt, and granola. The fruit on top is fresh, and it was very delicious.
We had a few smoothies while we stayed on the island as well, and they were amazing. Full of flavor and entirely refreshing on a muggy day.
The only caveats I had was that the line first thing in the morning (and at various high-traffic points later in the day), the line can be quite long. I feel like this only goes to show with how popular they are with travelers and locals due to their excellent drinks and service. There was usually always at least 3-4 staff members behind the counter at any given point, and they were able to handle the high volumes of customers quite well, and were always polite. And while they open at 7am daily, it does seem that they close sometime in the early afternoon (or perhaps they were on lunch break at that time?), so if you're in need of a frozen drink after a hot day on the beach, they are unavailable. Overall a great daily experience!

1  Thank 574amandab
caffeineisgood, Owner at Ocracoke Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

So glad you enjoyed your experience at the coffee shop. Just wanted you to know that we are open everyday 7AM to 5PM, except Sundays (we close at 1:00). If you come off the beach before 5PM you have plenty of time to enjoy a delicious smoothie! We do not close midday during those days.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Waited in line for 25 mins for 4 smoothies. Not many places on the island, so we waited. My son didn't like his smoothie, so I waited in line again for 20 more minutes to get him something else ( it was his taste buds ... A good smoothie by them ) Lots of waiting. But, adorable place with cute seating area outside ... Nice place to take a break from walking and shopping on the island. Only negative was A LOT of flies! I wouldn't let my kids order baked goods bc the flies were flying all over them!

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little coffee/smoothies shop tucked a minute from Highway 12. The quality of the smoothies are awesome but service was slow; had to wait 15 minutes for a smoothie and there were only two people in front of me.

1  Thank Charles F