“Great relaxing place”

Ocracoke Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Ocracoke
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ocracoke Coffee Company is the island’s local coffee shop dedicated to providing you with an idyllic setting to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee, delicious smoothie, and scrumptious breakfast. Our little corner of the island is the quintessential location to sit back and relax—smell the sweet jasmine, meet someone new, or get reacquainted with old friends.
Bruhl, Germany
“Great relaxing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The people at the cafe are very friendly and coffee and smoothies are excellent. Sometimes the lines are long, so be prepared and just enjoy the atmosphere.

“Good coffee slow service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Went there this morning to get a regular coffee and was glad to see a short line. Unfortunately the line was deceiving, despite having there people behind the counter they were terribly slow. I am on vacation so I had the time, but seemed a little off. The coffee was good though and the ambiance nice.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Oh My! I Have So Many Good Things to Say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

To make this easier for myself and perhaps you, the reader, I'm just going to go ahead and list all the things that make Ocracoke Coffee Company one of the very best establishments on the island (if not THEEE BESTTT!):

1. The front porch is AWESOME. It's a nice place to sit with friends and with family, and there's plenty of room for everyone.
2. The interior of the place is terrific. So comfy and cozy. Exactly how I like my coffee shops.
3. The menu is impressive, and includes a nice selection of loose leaf teas. This is something that tea lovers like me appreciate.
4. I stopped at the Coffee Company nearly every day during our stay in Ocracoke. One day I ordered the Very Merry Berry smoothie, which was delicious. One day I ordered a chai tea latte, which was well-made. Another day I ordered the chai chiller, which was so yummy that I had to get one for the ferry ride off the island. My biggest recommendation is, then, the Chai Chiller.
5. Oh! And one morning when I asked them to brew my Pu-Erh tea (which they didn't have in stock), the guys behind the counter were so kind and helpful and said, "Of course we can brew that for you." *BONUS POINTS* They even gave me three bags that I could use to steep the remainder of my tea. So kind of them!
6. When my chai tea latte order wasn't up to par (there was something wrong with the pump that released the mix into the cup), they happily re-made it for me. Simply put, these guys really do care about what they're handing over the counter.
7. Though the lines in there can be remarkably long (especially in the mornings), it's worth the wait. And while you're waiting, they have some really cool souvenirs that come in the form of t-shirts, clay coffee mugs, stickers, etc. They can even bag up coffee beans should you wish to take some home.
8. One more thing about "souvenirs": They were selling a tea unique to the area called Yaupon. When I opened it up when I got home, I was surprised to see that it just a bag full of leaves. LOVE that, and can't wait to brew it! :)
9. The young men and women working behind the counter were all very nice. And they do the best they can to keep the line moving.
10. If you stop here while in Ocracoke, I'd like to think that you'll love it as much as I did.

Hip-hip-hooray for a coffee shop that's doing it right.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank KPsRECs
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nice place to rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

On our short bicycle tour we took a small rest and suprise, suprise this was a very nice place. We only took different coffees and some cakes but erverything was very good.

• Visited July 2014
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Java Mama's Fav”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good Coffee's, pastries. Lot's of flies:( "Interesting" Barista's. Great place to go for morning walks, bike rides. Pet friendly. Wi-Fi.

Visited July 2014