“Great Appetizer!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I stopped here one afternoon for some lunch, and ended up ordering the coconut shrimp appetizer. Add some sweet tea and a great view to this mix and you can bet that we were two happy and satisfied islanders!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you want one of the best sunset views of Silver Lake on the island go to Jolly Roger. My wife and I split the the seafood trio. The blue fish was great, mahi was good and the shrimp was great. My son's dinner was good, hushpuppies were really. good. With splitting our dinner the price wasn't bad for Ocracoke. The service was great too!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am very easy to please as far as restaurants go, so take this for what it is worth. As expected, the place was crowded when we went (~ 7pm on a Thursday night). We had to wait a few minutes for a table. The waiter was friendly, took our order, brought our drinks and then things went south. There were 3 of us - we ordered an appetizer (wings) and our meals. Nothing came to our table for over 30 minutes while tables around us were being served. Finally, after about 40 minutes, the appetizer and entrees came at the same time. I refused to accept the appetizer and expressed my displeasure with the timing. The food was marginal at best. The best part of the evening was watching the sunset from our table. I guess we caught a bad round of service, but I would have a tough time going back to the Jolly Roger given all the dining competition on the island and cannot recommend this place. food.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The atmosphere is great. It's a fantasitic view to this small habour. But the service was poor. We had to ask for the menue. We had to ask many time for drinks. Parts of the food was not hot when was served after a while.
Try another location or order only drinks. But there are not too many choises on Ocracoke Island...

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Usually the first place we stop when arriving for the week. Basic seafood but other items on menu are quite good. Great atmosphere right on the harbor. Often crowded.