“25 years of service, get there quick”
Review of Cafe Atlantic - CLOSED

Cafe Atlantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Get there this soon as I understand the owners are selling when the business changes hands hopefully the excellent dishes will continue. My husband had a senior plate which is similar to their entrees but just a little less of it. He had the crab cakes. The crab cakes were light and full of crab not a lot of filler the veggies were cooked in a different way had plenty of favor and fresh herbs. I had the seafood cob salad, a nice portion of shrimp and fresh crab, good with their signature poppy seed dressing.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had an excellent meal at Cafe Atlantic last night. I had the Tomatillo Shrimp. Served over rice with a side of green beans, the meal exceeded expectations. My partner had the Spinach Lasagna which was also very, very good. We shared the Pimento Cheese and Fried Okra appetizer and that was a great start to a fabulous meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant for at least one dinner if you ever visit Ocracoke Island.

1  Thank jimandlisa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The restaurant decor is nice, the food is bad boring and expensive it is a tourist trap.
The people running the place have no experience or no pride to give us a good meal. Not wort it

2  Thank Suzanne L
Reviewed October 19, 2012

On our couples trip to Ocracoke, we had the opportunity to dine at Cafe Atlantic twice. The quality, quantity and consistency of the food made for an enjoyable dining experience each time. Crab cakes, scallops and fresh fish made up our dinner choices and we did not did not leave hungry. The homemade desserts are a special treat, so leave room if you can!

This is a popular spot on the island, so arrive early or expect to wait for a table. We visited after the high season ended, and there were still people waiting to be served. The service was excellent and we never felt hurried to give up our table.

The combination of great food (and lots of it) and impeccable service makes Cafe Atlantic a big "winner" in my book. Writing this review makes me think of those wonderful sauteed scallops. Yum!

1  Thank sherdave
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having been disappointed with several other restaurants on Ocracoke, I visited Cafe Atlantic with lowered expectations. However the fresh fish that I ordered fried was excellent. The batter was minimal and the fish was not overcooked allowing the fresh flavor to shine through. The wine list at Cafe Atlantic is sufficient to ensure successful pairing and the fig cake served with coffee ice cream for desert was delicious. I enjoyed a pleasant meal at Cafe Atlantic and look forward to a return visit.

1  Thank jamphipp