“Perfect meal !”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
NC
“Perfect meal !”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We haven't eaten here in a couple of visits but we couldn't have had a better experience than we had tonight. We had cordial and attentive service from the moment we walked in until we left. The food went beyond expectations. The drink and food service was timed perfectly. The staff really seemed to go out of their way to make it a memorable experience. We look forward to coming back on future trips.

• Visited September 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great brunch”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at the new location and the breakfast was wonderful. The French toast ordered by my wife had to be shared as it was an excellent dish and others wanted to try it out. The other dishes were great also.

Berkeley, California
“Our favorite”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We liked this restaurant best of all those we visited on Ocracoke. Best atmosphere and decent food. Good service and nice bar area.

Swansboro, North Carolina
“DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Not our first trip to Ocracoke, but our first trip to Back Porch. Incredible meal. I had the seafood platter with speckled trout, scallops, shrimp and a crab beignet that was unbelievable. My wife had a shrimp with fettuccine dish with a smoked tequila cream sauce that was out of this world. Our server was attentive and the meal came quickly despite being a little busy. Great dining experience on the "Back Porch!"

• Visited September 2013
Lewisburg PA
“AHHHH-MAZING!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had dinner at the Back Porch following a wine tasting event at Zillie's ~ It was around 7:30 and not crowded. They offer indoor and outdoor seating. It was a bit muggy and so the mosquitoes were out and about (they keep repellent available for all guests to spray on as desired) but we elected to remain indoors.
I had the seafood empanadas and scallops in butter and cream. Simple and divine. My husband had the Crab Beignets and the burger. Also sublime, but I felt my empanadas were definitely better than his crab beignets...the crab was blended into a mixture and so the texture was more homogenous and not as distinctively crab-like but anyway....we never had a tastier meal and the service was terrific. I had a mojito with dinner and it was well prepared, with lots of lime and fresh muddled mint...truly authentic. Love it. Would love to go back and if they were closer to me here in PA, I'd probably be there every week!