“Great food and service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited Ocracoke Island today with the family and ate here. Food was really good and the service too! Try it if you visit the island.

Winston Salem
“Big Hype, Meager Experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had read reviews of Howard's Pub and it certainly looked like the place to be when we went past. It was, in fact, crowded which was not a deterrent to us necessarily. We were on vacation and we never mind having a drink while waiting. We were seated more quickly than we had been told - great! Our waiter was right on top of attending our table - great! We ordered some conch fritters while we took at look at the pretty extensive menu. We had eaten a nice lunch earlier in the day and were not particularly ravenous, so we ordered the seafood platter to share - oysters, scallops, shrimp, and the fish of the day. Bam, bam, bam . . . talk about quick. We felt like we had a stopwatch on us. Conch fritters were disappointing. Not much conch and a lot of breading. Seafood platter - at around $25.00 - was not a good value. 1 small, very thin piece of fish, 2 scallops, 6-7 shrimp, a couple of oysters. When we asked if it was prepared as we asked (because it sure didn't look like it), the waiter seemed annoyed that we asked, but said he would check with the kitchen. He brought out one more shrimp for comparison and put it on our table with a comment equivalent to "See. I told you." Okay. What we had was okay - just barely okay.

I felt that they were wanting to turn the table over as soon as possible. I understand that they were busy, but we were in and out in 40 minutes. Our receipt shows our bar drinks at 6:26 p.m. and our final bill at 7:11 p.m.

We will not go back.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank DeDallas
Durham, North Carolina
“Never disappoints ”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the fried shrimp and scallops. Thought my son made a mistake ordering the ribs but they were very good too. Really enjoyed the corn on the cob. Key lime pie is awesome.

Los Gatos, California
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

First off, was Howard's always this pricey? A simple cheeseburger (nothing fancy, literally burger and cheese) with fries runs $11, and a kid's hotdog is $8. Not fine dining prices, sure, but Howard's is also a loooong way from fine dining. Ordered my burger medium, it was charred beyond well-done. I obviously barely touched my meal as I wasn't feeling well, and when I asked for a box what I was given barely fit the burger, with no room for the fries. Sadly, I think Howard's will be an annual trip no-longer for us.

1 Thank Emily R
Branford, Connecticut
“Hype”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Tried it today on my day trip to Ocracoke. Sat at the bar; incredible beer selection, the steamed shrimp and mussels were very good. We really should have stopped there... pulled pork sandwich was cold and serve on an untoasted hamburger bun... great place to hang out at the bar; great bartenders. Food except for the steamers.... ehh, not so good

1 Thank c0achb