“Delicious food, good atmosphere!”
Review of Howard's Pub

Howard's Pub
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The food was excellent, as was the service. Though the restaurant was busy, we were seated immediately. Our server was attentive, taking our drink/appetizer order immediately, giving us a sufficient amount of time to review the menu, making suggestions based on our preferences, refilling drinks and checking back to make sure everything was going well. I can definitely see why Howard's Pub has such great reviews!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stopped at Howard's on our way into town and went back the next day for more!
Great atmosphere. We sat at the bar both times and received excellent and personal service even though the place was packed!
Awesome beer selection (although some of the prices seemed a bit high, which is our only complaint). The food is excellent. For appetizers we had buffalo shrimp and the shrimp and crab dip and both were delicious!
Howard's is an Ocracoke institution and now we see why. We can't wait to return!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Howard's Pub is simply one of the best places, if not THE best place to eat on Ocracoke! The food, the service, the atmosphere....everything is great at Howard's Pub. They have a knock out business but you are treated and served as if you are the only one there! The only negative thing I can say about Howard's Pub, we can only go once a year....perhaps that's why we love it so much ;o)

The atmosphere includes everyone with their License plate tags and banners from all over.....from sea to shining sea! It's fun to see what you can find while you're waiting....and we make it a point to get a T-Shirt every time we go......I just love it and can't say enough. GO, just GO; you won't regret it, I promise. :o)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to Howard's for our girls' night pregame, which consisted of apps and drinks. I will warn you, skip the wine list--$8+ for a glass of wine that's not a special varietal or wine maker just isn't worth it. Just go for the Long Island for $12, and it's more worth it. The Oyster shooters were fabulous, and you get to keep the shot glass. Win win! The oyster Rockefeller App was tasty, but the tuna bites were exceptionally good.
Good place, it's been there forever, so they must be doing something right!

1  Thank SandSunSurf85
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Atmosphere was fun and kid friendly. Someone said it was an upscale Applebee's and I agree. The meals were average and I'm sure I won't remember what I ate in a week. My wife had the special blue fish and it was just ok. I had the shrimp and they were over cooked and the seasoning was tasteless. Fast, kid friendly and not expensive. I really would liked to have rated it a 3 and 1/2.