“Good atmosphere, friendly service.”
Review of Howard's Pub

Howard's Pub
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Edenton, North Carolina
“Good atmosphere, friendly service.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to Howard's for our girls' night pregame, which consisted of apps and drinks. I will warn you, skip the wine list--$8+ for a glass of wine that's not a special varietal or wine maker just isn't worth it. Just go for the Long Island for $12, and it's more worth it. The Oyster shooters were fabulous, and you get to keep the shot glass. Win win! The oyster Rockefeller App was tasty, but the tuna bites were exceptionally good.
Good place, it's been there forever, so they must be doing something right!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SandSunSurf85

Big Canoe, Georgia
“Good service and average food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere was fun and kid friendly. Someone said it was an upscale Applebee's and I agree. The meals were average and I'm sure I won't remember what I ate in a week. My wife had the special blue fish and it was just ok. I had the shrimp and they were over cooked and the seasoning was tasteless. Fast, kid friendly and not expensive. I really would liked to have rated it a 3 and 1/2.

Visited June 2014
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I often eat at Howard's when on Ocracoke. I have never been disappointed with my food. One year I got the Caesar Salad with a crab cake on top twice in four days! Service is usually pretty fast even when they are busy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Judy B
“Not That Good”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and was not impressed with the food. My husband ordered the Fried Oysters and was served breaded bits and pieces. He was really disappointed. I had two appetizers instead of an entree. I had a bowl of Jambalaya and Shrimp and Crab Dip with pita. My "meal" was alright. If you are looking for a bar atmosphere this is your place but skip the fried oysters.

4 Thank Hallelujahmtngirl
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Early dinner”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were leaving Ocracoke, headed toward the free ferry back to Hatteras when we came upon Howard's Pub. It looked like a good, friendly place to eat and option was. There is ample seating and either inside or outside dining. Menu is ample with a large portion seafood. My husband chose Oysters Rockefeller which he raved about. The four of us got deep fried pickets and hush puppies-yummy. We also ordered a large pizza which was excellent. One of us got a Ceaser salad which had nice deep green fresh Romaine lettuce, yummy. We all ordered ice cold tea which is always better in the south!

Visited June 2014