“Shuck your own, sorta”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Howard's Pub

Howard's Pub
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Shuck your own, sorta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We came for oysters and beer - and they had plenty of both. We have eaten oysters all over the world and this was the first place where the shucker leaves the oyster attached to the shell. Once we figured that out, we could cut it out with a fork but we tore up the first few tying to work that out. We complained to the waiter and he said that is how we do it here. Just so you know.
Otherwise was fun. We liked the oysters at the Topless Oyster bar up the road also.

• Visited May 2013

Agua Dulce, California
“Steamed Shrimp and and Iced Cold Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great steamed shrimp and a great selection of beer! Popular spot for bikers... friendly staff and good service. Crab cakes and fresh fish of the day were yummy. And of course the hush puppies!

• Visited April 2013
va beach va
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

What can you say about a place that has been here for years?? We had raw clams & oysters & the were very good. The calamari was okay no seasoning & bread crumbs was not very tasty. The clam chowder was okay. The fried pickel for $7.99 a bit over priced. Service was good. Place looks clean.
I find with most of the restaurants in Ocracoke have menus that have to much of a selection. I do not see how you can turn over food that fast & for everything to stay fresh. But like I said they have been around for a long time so what can I say.

Visited May 2013
Tennessee
“Nice Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was very happy with my lunch at Howard's. The server was exceptionally efficient, helpful, and friendly. I had the clam chowder (New England style), which was tasty but a little heavy on potatoes and light on clams. The tuna appetizer was superb--perfectly cooked and plentiful. The selection of beer was more extensive than I've ever seen. The dining room was spacious and decorated with unusual auto license plates--most with an OBX theme. I highly recommend Howard's for lunch--I'd try it for dinner if I were back in the area.

• Visited June 2012
Weems, VA
“Our best meal of our visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My two companions and I had lunch here and it was our best meal on the island. The clam chowder, oysters rockerfella, mahi mahi, and fried oyster caesar salad were all delicious. We had a great waiter and the service was terrific.

Visited May 2013