Teeter's Campground
All reviewsindoor and outdoor showersclean bathhouselaid backshops and restaurantscampersrvcampingtentferryislandpicnic
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Many of us who have visited Ocracoke & stayed at Teeter's for YEARS hesitate to even write a review. We all know a good thing when we see it. However, the rude slanders of Bubbie (manager) are undeserved. He is one of the kindest, most generous, honest people we have ever known. First of all, the island itself is very primitive (no insult intended). That's why we love it there. You won't find "high-class" housing, restaurants, or people living on the island. Those who want that style should continue up to Nags Head or south to Palm Beach! Anyone who wants to will make wonderful, life-long friends at the campground. Each annual trip is like a family reunion!

Yes, the restrooms could be upgraded; however, the USERS are accountable for some of the conditions! Look at the condition of most other public restrooms. Most other campgrounds and parks where we have stayed also had primitive facilities.....that's called CAMPING!!!!! Tenters would probably fare better at the National Park Campground, since no facilities are needed or available.

Stayed: July 2008
6  Thank dot7474
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My family and I had a very laid back and peaceful stay at Teeters. Perfect location. Very family friendly. I found the campground to be be very quiet, clean and safe. Owner was very polite and helpful. We usualy only campout once a year but are now planning another trip to Teeters for the fall!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nrinc
Reviewed May 15, 2008

My kids, friends and I have stayed at Teeters over the years for many reasons: Shade, sandy/grassy soft tent sites, friendly and helpful owners, HOT showers (the state site on the ocean has no shade, no hot water, and lots of biting flies!). Teeter's campground is dog friendly, kid/family friendly, other campers are friendly-- I've been there with a banjo-playing friend who struck up a "jam session" with other musicians he found there! Teeter's is within walking distance to everything. Ocracoke is small, quiet, non-commercial and my favorite place on earth. Nothing there is fancy, and that's OK with me. This is one of the few places in this country that time hasn't ruined. If you ARE looking for shiny, bright, up-scale commercial facilities or beaches, I suggest you go up the island strand toward Duck, where they even have shiny white sidewalks. I'll take Ocracoke and Teeters over that every day of the week!

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank HpyBbl
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Teeter's Campground is a laid back small campground. There are lots for tents or campers with bathroom facilities: indoor and outdoor showers, water, sewage and cable TV provided. The manager is concencious and helpful. He's lived on the island all his life, a good guy.

Not much on Ocracoke is fancy and neither are the campgrounds. You are off the main road with trees, which means shade on hot summer days. You will usually find a friendly crowd here as people return often.

Come in the fall when it is quiet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank KruzQween
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2006

We visited Teeter's during Easter weekend. We were looking for hook-ups and something close to town(without breaking the bank). We got exactly that. Ocracoke has been a favorite spot for us for a long time. Tee shirts, flip flops, cold beer and a "Hey, how yall doing?" go a long way. Bubba and his wife were very nice people. We had a great time and we'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2006