“BEST GUACAMOLE --- EVER”
Review of El Faro - CLOSED

El Faro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 20, 2013

In my quest for the best guacamole around the world - this place is a must stop. Very fresh and the family recipe is a well kept secret with me now. I would come back (daily) for this guacamole. The rest of the menu is good too. The staff is super friendly and unlike Eduardo's they run the business well and NEVER run out of product. Drive a little further down the road and stop here. Thanks for the great experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'll admit, El Baro wasn't our first choice for lunch. We went to an oyster bar across the street and it was taking entirely too long to get served there, so we went across the street. We were served immediately. My Arroz Con Pollo dish was quite large and tasty. My family also really enjoyed their food. If we had time, I would've made another trip to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nothing really special about this place. Pretty typical Mexican restaurant menu with average flavor. Didn't see anything on the menu that would make this place stand out.

I'd rather eat at Eduardo's down the road from here.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very friendly, welcoming owners and staff. Superb margaritas! Food was perfect. We have been twice in a week already. We will be going back. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is quickly becoming one of our favorite places on the island. Ocracoke has long needed a great Mexican place -- this fits the bill. Simple food, done well and served quickly. The bean and cheese dips are so addictive that the FDA needs to regulate them as controlled substances.