“Multi-purpose business with food”
Review of Ocracoke Station - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocracoke Station
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed May 28, 2016

Like many places in Ocracoke - they handle several things. This place is a convenience store, gas station, DVD rental, ATM, and they make good, cheap sandwiches. (You can also get beer, candy, and fudge.) This time I got a classic BLT sandwich for about $5. The food is served as carryout but they have tables inside as well as outside - I ate mine outside. It's hard to mess up a BLT but this one was good. I liked that the lettuce was shredded too.

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Picked up breakfast biscuits to have on the ferry ride. They were already prepared which was quick and convenient but they were also extra dry. Probably had been under the warming light too long. Confirms why they have the TA ranking.

1  Thank WCUcody
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

My daughter, son-in-law and 3 grand kids arrived on the first ferry and were starving. I knew the station was open early and had breakfast sandwiches. We stopped in and got 2 breakfast burritos, 5 breakfast biscuits (egg, cheese and meat) and drinks to take back to the house. All of this was under $35. I was thinking it may not be that good but that was totally incorrect. I got the sausage egg and cheese burrito and it was great. The egg was light and fluffy, the cheese was perfectly melted and the sausage was very good. My husband had bacon in his and it had a good amount of bacon in it. The biscuit sandwiches were great. These folks make a mean biscuit. It was airy, tender and obviously fresh. They make the sandwiches / burritos and place them on a heating rack. We were there very early so it was hot off the grill. However, there were many customers coming in so I doubt these sit around for any amount of time.
We went in later in the week to grab some ham and turkey for sandwiches. It was just lunch meat but it was very good. The ham was not salty so that was a plus for me.
This is a great little shop and will be our "go to" for now on for some grab and go grub. Oh, they are also a gas station.

Reviewed August 10, 2015

Ocracoke Station is the cheap eats headquarters. They have an ice cream self serve station and fudge. This spot was a quick eats spot for our family as well as one of the few (if only) gas station on the island. Very local vibe for a gas station. We will return!

Reviewed July 6, 2015

There are a lot of fine restaurants on Ocracoke but the station is a great deal!
They have pre-cooked treats like pizza and biscuits and sandwiches that you can grab and go.
You can stick around and order a fresh cooked meal. They will cook a nice breakfast sandwich with hashbrowns for you.
Try their buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch! It is REALLY good!
Their fries are fresh and hot and delicious.
Grab a fountain drink to top it all off.
The guys who work there are super friendly.