Can you believe the owner helped carry our bags up to our room? We were upgraded to a nicer suite on the 2nd floor also. These folks are #1 in my book.
I must also report that right on the street in front of this is one of the very best decoy shops I've seen.
We greatly enjoyed eduardo's taco stand, backporch/dijio's restaurants & maybe 1.25 miles out of town is a great beach. Bring sunscreen! I didn't.
We took the free ferry from Hatteras which is about an hour trip now, and left on the Swan's Quarter ferry $15/2.25 hours and this for us was a quicker way back to Ohio.
Stayed 4 days at Captain's Landing and really enjoyed our stay. Would go back in a minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eight waterfront suites, a spacious two-bedroom penthouse and a charming cottage overlook Ocracoke Island's scenic Silver Lake and provide panoramic views of the lighthouse and harbor life. Sea air and soft breezes enhance your stay at Captain's Landing; along with spectacular sunsets and views from your own private deck, so close to the water you may feel as though you are on a boat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Landing Waterfront Hotel Ocracoke
- Captains Landing Waterfront Hotel
- Captains Landing Waterfront Ocracoke