“Buyer beware.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
The Silver Lake Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Ocracoke
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked harbor view room with private balcony/hammock. Bed like sleeping on concrete. Roof leaked so could not enjoy balcony. No phone. Poor internet. No ice unless you pay. No microwave. Nice bathroom.no other rooms available to switch so checked out two days early

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank terrirush
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am so sorry you were not happy with your room at the Silver Lake Motel and Inn. Thank you for letting us know of your concerns so that we were able to refund the payment for the remainder of your stay. We do hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your time on Ocracoke Island. If you will consider giving us another chance we would be happy to have you back.

There are newer reviews for The Silver Lake Motel & Inn

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went for a group trip 5/4/13-5/6/13. We rented two rooms for each family right down the hall. We got there early and they let us check in early. Staff was great. They served breakfast every morning which was also great. Lots of selections. The only complaint would be they need to update a little. Shower was hard to work and we thought the glass door was going to fall when we tried to shut it or open it. Also cable had to wiggle a certain way to make it work. You really don't spend much time in the room anyway while you are on ocracoke. Lots of things to do and lots of places to explore which the staff was also great at letting us know what to visit while we stayed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karla M
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Silver Lake Motel and Inn on Ocracoke Island. Sounds like you had a good time while you are here. We are always happy to help our guests with suggestions on places to visit and eat. Every review is read and all comments taken into consideration in the hopes that we may continue to improve our guests experiences while here at the inn. I sincerely hope you able to visit us again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location -- the view of the harbor with the pelicans perched on the pylons. Especially as the sun sets! Large spacious suites, very clean -- a little dated on the fixtures but nothing that didn't work. Staff was amazing -- Maria the housekeeper was totally precious, the front desk staff was helpful with restaurant recommendations and the manager addressed any concern we had promptly! Only immediate downside was the internet doesn't work in the suite building -- but who needs internet when you're on vacation, anyway? Especially on an island as special as Ocracoke!

Room Tip: Didn't see the motel rooms but can definitely tell you that if you want a full kitchen and prepa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna F

You are right, the views are spectacular and I am happy to hear you were able to catch some of our Ocracoke sunsets. I will pass on your nice comments to the rest of our team...we do strive to provide great customer service to each and every visitor. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate it and hope you will back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my second time staying here. My complaint from my previous stay was soft beds. My bed was much better this time around although a friend in another room said her bed was too soft. My advice is to call them when you book the room and let them know you need a good bed. This place has a fabulous location. The decor is a bit dated but who really cares as you spend very little time in your room. They have fabulous front porches so it's worth paying the extra to to get one. The staff is great.

Room Tip: My advice is to call them when you book the room and let them know you need a good bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank halfgreen
OcracokeBeachBum, Rental Manager Ocracoke Island Realty. at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Sorry for the late reply but thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience! We do agree that we have a wonderful location! Thank you for choosing the Silver Lake Motel and Inn and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Under newer ownership, they are doing it right. We stayed in the second floor suite shown on this picture, great view and service. Rooms were being renovated. Newer mattress a bit hard for my taste but ok for one night. Rooms were very clean and Island was charming

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank socaltraveler2012
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thanks so much! We agree we have one of the best views on the island. We worked very hard during the renovation process to make the inn as comfortable and welcoming as possible. I appreciate you letting us know we are doing it right. We hope you are able to make it back to Ocracoke and to the Silver Lake Motel and Inn.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Silver Lake Motel and Inn is the perfect spot to stay in Orcacoke. It is right on the harbor, across the street from a Harbor Front Restaurant and the Marina. There is an ice cream parlor/coffee shop/bike rental next door to the hotel. (Renting a bike is a perfect way to see the village, and have easy access to the beach). There is also a surf shop right down the street which rents surfboards, kayaks, and SUP's. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a small simple continental breakfast. The hotel is somewhat rustic, but clean. It reminded me of the guest room at my grandparents house. There is no elevators, but that is part of the charm. The best part... the hammocks on the balcony's of the harbor front rooms in one of the hotel buildings. Sigh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stacy L
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I loved that you wrote that your room "...reminded me of the guest room at my grandparents house". We do strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and feel welcome here on the island. We think we have the perfect location on Ocracoke too...and thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments. Hopefully you will come back soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stopped in to check on a room and I was greeter by a nice gentleman that let me look at one room and told me they also had a little larger room if I would be interested. After making sure we could book the ferry for the following day to Swan's Quarter (get a reservation!) we went back and took the larger room.

The room was rustic but, clean. It had 2 beds with a tv and fridge. It isn't a Hampton Inn or anything like that (which is where we normally stay) but, it served our purpose. We all liked it. I would stay here again based on location and our experience.

I do agree with another reviewer that carrying your stuff up the steps are the pits! If I had an extended I would want to stay on the bottom!

Room Tip: No elevator, steps only. If that is an issue you will want to request a room on the lower level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachn
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thanks for the reminder to others about the ferry to Swan Quarter...I am sure that will be a useful tip. We appreciate your review and were glad to hear you found the room clean and in order. You are right, this is not a Hampton Inn...and we think the majority of our guests like it just the way it is. Please come back when you are able to spend more time here. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#8 of 16 in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel

Been to The Silver Lake Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!