“Off Duty Employees Ruined Dinner”
Review of Topless Oyster Restaurant - CLOSED

Topless Oyster Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a week in Ocracoke we decided to give the Topless Oyster another chance.
The food was much better than last year.
We decided to eat at the bar since the only people in the restaurant were doing the same.
The bartender was very pleasant and we were having a good evening along with several other tourist couples.
Then an off duty waitress ruined the evening.
The waitress and her friends were vulgar, loud and had obviously had too much to drink.
We were there around 7:00PM, not a late night crowd.
It will be hard to build business if your employees do not respect the customers.
My wife says she will not return next year.
We will see.

3  Thank TRACY C

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After spending the morning visiting the city of Ocracoke, stopping for Lunch at the Topless Oyster, was a welcomed site. When my family and I entered, it took over 15 minutes for the staff to acknowledge us or offer seating us. Looking out on the open deck, we observed several tables available but were unprepared or needing to be cleared. So we decided to sit inside. The staff gave us the impression that they were unprepared or overwhelmed for guest at 1pm. We had a party of eight. After being seated it took another 15 to 20 minutes before the staff approached our table to serve us. The waiter stated that he was called it from his off day, to assist or serve our table. Even though the food was ok. The fact of having to wait so long to be seated and serve, took away from the quality of the food. All of this being said, we will not visit this restaurant or recommend it to anyone. Unprepared from the start!

3  Thank Reginald B
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Checked out for dinner after seeing the sign about oysters. We were an little early for the start of dinner, but service was good. The whole family had seafood which was excellent. The only issue was my dad did not like being near the bar at all, there is av screened in patio, which may have like more. If you were going with the family I would recommend seating there.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The table we were seated at was really dirty. The longer we sat without service, the more we concluded that the condition of the table did not bode well for anything else. We got up and left but we are not sure the staff even noticed.

2  Thank catvahine
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I must say ,the food is excellent,I had the red drum ,it was delicious my husband had this burger that looked amazing.we visited this restaurant twice.on our first visit we had a few raw oysters ,that where 50 cent per oyster( good deal) the sweet tea is not so great,being from the south we love our sweet tea but it tasted as if it came out of a can.My overall experience was good,but the young man who waited on us seemed to be in a rush and didn't give us time to order... That's no problem because of the poor service, I can get over that ,because the food is great,will definitely go back!