“Great food, maybe not the atmosphere for the family.”
Review of Topless Oyster Restaurant - CLOSED

Topless Oyster Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Checked out for dinner after seeing the sign about oysters. We were an little early for the start of dinner, but service was good. The whole family had seafood which was excellent. The only issue was my dad did not like being near the bar at all, there is av screened in patio, which may have like more. If you were going with the family I would recommend seating there.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The table we were seated at was really dirty. The longer we sat without service, the more we concluded that the condition of the table did not bode well for anything else. We got up and left but we are not sure the staff even noticed.

2  Thank catvahine
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I must say ,the food is excellent,I had the red drum ,it was delicious my husband had this burger that looked amazing.we visited this restaurant twice.on our first visit we had a few raw oysters ,that where 50 cent per oyster( good deal) the sweet tea is not so great,being from the south we love our sweet tea but it tasted as if it came out of a can.My overall experience was good,but the young man who waited on us seemed to be in a rush and didn't give us time to order... That's no problem because of the poor service, I can get over that ,because the food is great,will definitely go back!

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great food, good prices, nice atmosphere. The shrimp were flavorful and the po boy was outstanding! What's left to be said. We'd be happy to come back!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Sooo, we've read the reviews and have to disagree. I'm giving them a 4 out of 5 because they have very nice staff and the service is always super nice. We have been here several times and the food's been pretty reliable every time. Is it high end gourmet...No. But not much on this Island is really "high end" so the Topless Oyster is an average place with reliable bar food and generally good/above average service. They are open later which is a plus, because most of the restaurants on the Island closed by 9pm...we had a super long day at the beach and crashed for a nap after a late lunch :) By the time we got up, showered and dressed it was pushing 9pm...so our options were a little limited and we did not want pizza again....we ended up at the Topless Oyster and found it was also Karaoke night. And that was....interesting. Not a lot of people but we got there at 9pm. Seemed like about 10 people, about half of them were into the karaoke. Overall though it was pretty nice - we met some nice people, had a few drinks and some snacks and came home by 1130. We felt it was all around a pretty decent experience and as long as you aren't seeking some high end gourmet experience, you will find this a friendly bar/restaurant with plenty of nice people and reliable, tasty bar food. The oysters are fine, the burgers tasty and I had the Shrimp Po' Boy which was delicious and served with some pretty amazing remoulade sauce. Their sandwiches are served with shoe string fries which were an awesome throwback to childhood and enjoyable as well. My husband and I feel this place gets a bad rep and it isn't deserved. It is good, solid and decent. Worth a shot if you're in the mood for what they offer. I recommend Karaoke night for sheer entertainment value. You're on Island time, come in to the Topless Oyster and relax! :)