“Relaxing on the Porch!”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wine Pantry, Beer Deck
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here to share a nice bottle of wine. Grabbed some cheese, hard salami and crackers. Great atmosphere to enjoy yourselves in a relaxing setting. Great beer selection, very good wine selection, and good cheese selection. There is a $5 corking fee if you drink on the front deck.

1  Thank falconman1
There are newer reviews for Zillie's

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a great time on the deck drinking a fine white Vouvray on a wheat beer for the husband, We will be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We did a wine tasting on Friday night ( August 31st ) - The wine was wonderful as well as the tasting of food that was paired with it. However, when I called to make the reservation I specifically asked if this was the type of place my 10 year old daughter and friend would be able to sit and eat while we did the tasting. They said yes it would be fine. In my opinion, this is not the case. I would not call this a "rowdy" place but it definitely gets noisy and there were NO other children at all. Not to mention that I had to scrounge to find them a seat at a table. If you have kids and would like to sit and drink on the porch I would do it earlier in the day only, I would not attempt in the evening. Also, this is not a place for dinner like I had envisioned. It is only cheese, and crackers, cookies type of food.

1  Thank obx84
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Gotta stop here each time I'm on the Island. This place has a fabulous selection of wine, craft beers and sodas, some of which I never see anywhere else. Not intended to be a grocery store, per se', but you can get some unusual and delicious things to enjoy while you're there on the island, such as gourmet chocolate bars and interesting snacks. My personal favorite: the retro art posters. I buy one each time I'm there as a souvenir, so now my dining room has an interesting collection of these wonderful items.

The guys running the place are friendly and helpful, always willing to answer your questions or offer some wine suggestions. Plus they have tastings too. What's not to love?

The only downside is the space constraints: it's small, and because it's so popular, sometimes you can't even get in there. But this won't keep me from coming back time and time again. Thank you Zillies !

2  Thank emily27055
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great place!!>..Awsome selection of wines, beers, and gormet foods topped off by a beautiful outdoor patio to enjoy it all on!