“Great Music”

Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, great burgers and specialty sandwiches, vegetarian options, kids menu, game room, NFL Ticket, Happy Hour Daily 5-7 1/2 price apps at the bar, Best Live Music Venue on the island, southern hospitality!!
Miami
“Great Music”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The owners Ashley and Red were just amazing, they were out with the crowd mingling and enjoying themselves as much as their guests. We were there the night the Yo Mommas Big Fat Booty Band was playing psychedelic funk. It a 6 piece band you might find in the Boom Room in SF. I live in Miami and have not seen as good as band in my big city. What a great place. We were cerebrating my boyfriend's birthday and Ashley and Red joined in our fun. Great place if you're in Orcacoke you must go!!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Deborah B

Arlington, VA
“Great Tacos an Burgers”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is the first place we stopped off the ferry, and they make some great fish tacos and cheeseburgers. Kathy gave us excellent service, and we can't wait to try out the happy hour soon.

1 Thank JensBishop
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Although a sports bar, Gaffers is a great place for breakfast. The country ham was great and the home fries were real home style - some of the best I've had. Head on over. Kathy will take good care of you.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service! ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was as expected, and our waitress Kathy provided GREAT service! Will be returning next year.

1 Thank Courtney H
New Richmond, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected more”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were a group of 8 and when we walked in the staff and the owner were super friendly. They welcomed us and quickly moved to get a table ready.There weren't a lot of people in the place so we were seated in a few minutes and the waiter took drink orders. Took a while to get the drinks, but nothing excessive and we could see that he had several other tables. We were most of the way through the first drink when he took our orders. Then the wheels fell off. We sat and waited...and waited...and waited. Other tables were seated, fed and leaving and we still didn't have our food. Were talking fried food, hamburgers and sandwiches. It's not like they're in the back perfectly plating each meal. At one point the waiter was trying to be funny and said our cheese was melting. I finally asked him to send out the owner. He did apologize for the wait but never really offered any reasons. I told him that I was going to review his restaurant and here was his chance to do damage control and the took it. He offered to give us our meals and I said I didn't expect that especially since I was going to review him. We settled on half off. It took another 15 min to get our food. I know what you're thinking...did they do anything to the food before they served it? If they did it was nothing I could tell, but the fish sandwich I had wasn't very tasty so who knows. The long and short of this visit is that the food is ok and if you only have two or three people in your group you should be fine. Hopefully the food will get better.

Bottom line is...don't expect much.

• Visited July 2014