“make your own bloody mary's”

Gaffer's Sports Pub
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, great burgers and specialty sandwiches, vegetarian options, kids menu, game room, NFL Ticket, Happy Hour Daily 5-7 1/2 price apps at the bar, Best Live Music Venue on the island, southern hospitality!!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Love this place. Very typical sports bar with lots of TV's. The food is very good, and the service was excellent. We go to Ocracoke about once a month and always try to hit Gaffers at least once, Preferably on the Bloody mary day. They pour the Vodka and have a buffet set up with about any fixing you can think of. AWESOME!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our family was amazed by the Quality of Service we received we were greeted by Wally at the door as he greeted us asked us about or day n our stay in Ocracoke, he was extremely polite and told us about the Specials. He told us to order the shrimp as they just came from the Docks and they were to die for, He also recommended the Stuffed Flounder which was Yummy, He brought out the Chef and introduced James n then the owner Ashley. we got 5 star service from a sports pub in ocracoke, My family will return again this fall for more food n fun at gaffers.
We personal Highly recommend this tell wally hello For us!

1  Thank kevin g
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My family n I were blown away at the direction a sports bar has taken.
they have hired a gentleman from Beaufort ,NC to help guide the new way of thinking in Ocracoke. We met him on the ferry and were amazed at how nice n polite of a gentleman he was, We had a party of 8 and he came and spoke with us about the service, the food n our drinks. We were completely happy with gaffers, food quality n the new management in place,
We will be Back!

1  Thank david s
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Fun locals kind of place. We did not eat but the menu and the specials looked good and reasonable. Very friendly place. Would go back again

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Wine Queen and I stopped by mostly to catch her team on the gridiron last Saturday afternoon. Unlike the other places we drove by, there were very few cars in the lot, and few people inside. They gave us a great table right in front of a TV and tuned to the proper channel to watch the first half.

She had a glass of wine to start. I had a nut brown ale. They also have PBR, a mainstay when I am at the beach ... for a buck-fifty as I recall.

Foodwise, we first shared the beer-in-cheese dip with toasted pita. It was great! If there was one thing I'd have wanted more of it would have been the spring onion topping.

Then we each ordered their Ocracoke clam chower ... a bowl.

The brought us a cup instead. Probably just as well as we had all we wanted to eat by the time we were finished. I don't know what the keynote seasoning was in the chowder, but it was quite good. Could have used more clams however. It was also seasoned with a very good slab bacon. I'd do it again!

Hope to return to Ocracoke and Gaffer's again soon.

BTW, the wait staff was very attentive. Hats off!