“Wonderful. A local favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dajio

Dajio
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Finest local cuisine, live music, catering and flatbread pizza. The most memorable meals and evenings start from scratch. Our menus change seasonally so please stop by to pick up a copy. Located in the heart of the village with outdoor seating, weather permitting. Brick oven pizza available for dine in and carry out, Tuesday - Sunday 5 PM - 10 PM.
Princeton, NJ
“Wonderful. A local favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

creative menu. very relaxing. Best meal on the island. We noticed that many locals recommend this place and choose it for themselves.

Visited July 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time on Ocracoke in over 15 years. I took friends to the island for the first time. We wanted a nice meal so we decided on Dajio. We were greated immediatly and given the option of sitting inside or outside. We chose inside as it was hot outside. It is fairly small but not crowded. Our sever was with us in minutes and gave great ideas for food choices. We decided to have a meal of appitizers as there were too many good ones to choose from. The lump crab dip was to die for!! The Grilled Shrimp and Blue Corn Nachos were spicy and delicious. The Shrimp and Grits were a bit on the watery side, but the flavor was out of this world. By far, the best dish I had was the Clam Chowder. It was not like any chowder I had ever had before. It was not creamy, but more like a rich broth. The clam was plentiful and not overly chewy. I can honestly say this was one of the best Clam Chowders I have ever eaten.

If I had to say anything negative it would have to be that I did not see a ramp to get up into the building. One of my party walks with a cane and she had a bit of difficulty navigating the four steps up into the restaurant.

Overall this was a great experience and I will definatly go back the next time I make it to Ocracoke Island.

Connecticut
“Have the chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate lunch twice and dinner via their flat breac pizza shop next door. It was always good. The clam chowder is like none we had ever had and is fantastic. The flat bread pizza uses fresh ingrediants and it shows. Don't forget the shrimp hour.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

First time here on Okrakoke and truly enjoyed Dajio! I had the shrimp salad club that was out if this world! Here with 9 others and all of us plan to return!

Ottawa, Canada
“Dajio NEVER disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

One word!! Excellence! - As this is our 4th visit to this beautiful island - and our 4th visit to Dajio - I must say that the food just keeps getting better! We had the Grilled Shrimp and Blue Corn Nachos to start and they were just delicious! - I had the Maple and Orange Glazes Ribs that were cooked to perfection - not your lean ribs my friends - St. Louis Style fall of the bone bad boys! - My husband had the Chicken and Proscuitto Primavera which when was served I will admit I was a little sceptical - however the richness of the sauce - yum!. Doug and Judy were a treasure to meet and their passion for food is truly obvious. Unfortunately I have to wait a full year to go see my island and Dajio again but it will be worth the wait!