“Good food, poor service”
Review of Dajio

Dajio
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Finest local cuisine, live music, catering and flatbread pizza. The most memorable meals and evenings start from scratch. Our menus change seasonally so please stop by to pick up a copy. Located in the heart of the village with outdoor seating, weather permitting. Brick oven pizza available for dine in and carry out, Tuesday - Sunday 5 PM - 10 PM.
Streetsboro, Ohio
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hostess was lovely..so lovely that when she noticed how unattentive our waitress was she kept jumping in. We sat for almost 10 minutes before being given water and asking if we knew what we wanted or did we need more time. The hostess had to go track down the waitress several times. The shrimp nachos were wonderful. My husband had a chicken dish and I had shrimp and scallops both good well and presented nicely. Took forever to get all ordered items and once again, when our waitress never returned with our bill, the hostess jumped in. We won't be back. If you have plenty of time and patience...then you should go.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Hoday925

Bethesda, Maryland
“Much Promise...Unfulfilled”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had high hopes for Dajio based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Alas, the restaurant fell short of our expectations. My lunch left me with that "I just ate a bunch of grease" feeling. Little things annoyed me: I had to send the coffee back to the kitchen because it had been cooking all morning and it was lunch time. The chowder was way too salty -- and salt is the way bad chefs try to cover their tracks. My step-daughter barely touched her entree it was so disappointing.

It wasn't the worst restaurant I've ever been to, and I suspect there isn't that much in the way of good cuisine on Ocracoke. But if we went back, we would not eat there again.

• Visited September 2012
Philadelphia
“Best place to have breakfast!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wow, we had the best breakfast on Ocracoke since 1999! I had creme brulee French toast! Congrats to the Lexington, KY-based couple for the cuisinal innovations!

Visited September 2012
Southbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, unassuming restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

From the freshly baked bread to the chips made here to the fresh catch of the day, all of the food was great. Reasonably priced. Great local experience.

“Very nice, good food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

First time we have tried Dajio, very good food and excellent service. They had a live music the night we went that went well with the meal. We both just had sandwiches but they were more than enough to fill the void. I had the free range chicken sandwich and my wife had the fish sandwich which was fresh blue fish which she said was excellent. The chicken was very good, it was prepared different than the typical chicken sandwich, a nice change. I have to agree with a previous post that the bathrooms have room for improvement. You won't be disappointed with the food.