“Loved the Crab Meat Mac N Cheese & more...”
Review of Dajio

Dajio
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Finest local cuisine, live music, catering and flatbread pizza. The most memorable meals and evenings start from scratch. Our menus change seasonally so please stop by to pick up a copy. Located in the heart of the village with outdoor seating, weather permitting. Brick oven pizza available for dine in and carry out, Tuesday - Sunday 5 PM - 10 PM.
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I recently spent a few nights on this lovely island. Very casual & peaceful. We biked and walked everywhere. Biking into town we spotted this restaurant and checked out the menu. Very nice atmosphere inside & out so we decided to check out Trip Advisor. I am so glad we did. I cannot understand the negative reviews. Everything we had was awesome. The menu had so many interesting combinations I found it hard to choose. Bread was served to the table that was out of this world. I narrowed my choices down to 4 and my husband and I each choose 1. The crab meat mac N chees was made with guyere cheese and we literally licked the bowl. We also had a chicken sandwich with pesto, gouda cheese and roasted red peppers on a grilled ciabatta bread; served with homemade potato chips. Wish I had another day there to go back. We highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank jjkna50
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were so disappointed in our food. The best thing we had was the bread. The coconut creme brûlée was OK. I had the fish steward it was tasteless. My husband had the fig stuffed pork and one piece was so dry and the other just OK. Our server was very nice but we will not eat there again. They have a pretty active bar scene with expense drinks.We ordered a rum punch ande the bar tender did not know how to make it. Decent music.

1  Thank kelsbeth60
Reviewed July 4, 2011

A friend and I just got home from a much-anticipated trip to Ocracoke. What a beautiful island--everything we were looking for and more! As much as we were anticipating the sand, sun, and relaxation, I think our greatest find was discovering Dajio on our first night there! For our three-night stay, we ate at Dajio daily, even stopping by for breakfast before we headed back home! The food was beyond delicious and incredibly fresh (vegetables they served was grown in the backyard garden... the fish was caught the same day as our visit...etc.) It seemed that every dish I tried was a new favorite and as much as I wanted to eat that dish again, I didn't want to miss trying out a new one! The Dajio's staff--incredibly knowledgeable and friendly! Every person there acted as if you were a friend and wanted your experience to be the best it could be--loved that!! Great drinks (terrific bartenders!) and some of the BEST live music I have heard in years. If you ever get a chance to go, do not miss a meal or two at Dajio (or in our case, six meals!) I have to admit that after I got home, I tried to copy the sauce served w/ the shrimp during their Shrimp Hour and couldn’t even come close--guess we will have to head back again next summer! :)

2  Thank valmat3131
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Avoid this restaurant/bar at all costs! The food is terrible. The crab cakes taste like what I imagine dog food must taste like. The staff is rude. The bartender, Fester, is absolutely the rudest, nastiest man on the island. He has a long black beard that I swear I saw bugs crawling out of. STAY AWAY!

6  Thank Nnette432
Reviewed June 29, 2011

One of our favorites on the island. Friendly and attentive staff, delicious food with fresh and interesting ingredients, fair prices. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mallardcreek