“Interesting ambience - great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jason's

Jason's
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Specializing in pizza, fresh local seafood and italian cuisine. Something for everyone. Casual setting and family friendly
north carolina
“Interesting ambience - great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were in Hatteras for the weekend one week before Easter, so a lot of restaurants and shops weren't open yet. We took the ferry over to Ocracoke and stopped at Jasons for dinner on a Saturday night. As we decided to sit down at a table on the front porch (screened-in), I was concerned that this might not be good. I decided to get the big steak and it was wonderful! My wife got the lasagna and said it was excellent also. While I was able to eat the steak, a couple pieces of very tasty garlic bread and a bowl of mashed potatoes, my wife could only finish about half the large portion of lasagna. The food was very good so we decided the porch was just part of the local feel and we enjoyed our dinner very much!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank unceddie

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

In Okracoke for only a day, in the off season, we went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a local! Boy, did he steer us right! Mom loved her tuna sandwich, the husband and nephew loved the scallop special they ordered, and I could not believe how great the NC barbeque sandwich was! I requested more vinegar sauce (I like a good, tangy flavor), and she handed me the bottle with all the peppers in it! I expected the vinegar to be hot, but even after a liberal portion, it was just flavorful-not hot, and I could not eat it fast enough!
The staff was really nice and professional, but be sure to call about their hours, as they close after lunch and before dinner. We got lucky and squeaked in just before the closing after lunch, but we heard several other parties that, sorry, it was too late, they were closed until dinner, please come back....
I can assure you that we will be visiting Jason's every time we come to Okracoke!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rai Anne M
New Bern, North Carolina
“Fab fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Jason's is a quaint place to eat, the serving staff are very good and the people are friendly. Ordered a fish sandwich (fresh) no problem ordering it any way I wanted and had it blackened. It was delicious and even the bun was done to perfection. You can't go wrong going here and I heard they were famous for pizzas.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank caylinsgranny2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food at Jason's is good - I had fried oysters & cole slaw and my husband had shrimp creole. We tried the key lime pie and chocolate peanut butter pie for desert. Key Lime pie was very good. The atmosphere is very casual and family friendly. Given that this was one of only two restaurants open on the island our choices were limited so I think we were more disappointed in the lack of choice than the lack of good food.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank MLL_KLL
Newark, D
“good food/good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family ate here and we loved our meals, very reasonably priced, good vegetarian choices and good beer

Visited August 2013