“Highly recommended Great fig cake”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Thurston House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 7 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2014

What a great B & B. Donna and her mom are wonderful hosts. The location can't get any better you can sit and relax and read a book or walk to almost any restaurant and shop. Take a short drive to the beach its great. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was great every day just wonderful. Will return.

Room Tip: This is the best location in Ocracoke for everything like shops and restaurants. Rent a bike or go...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bonesConnecticut

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I had a family emergency come up about five days prior to my stay which forced me to cancel my trip to Okracoke. I emailed the innkeepers right away a couple times via the email address on their website but didn't hear back, so finally I called a couple days prior to my reservation. I explained the situation and asked if they would kindly make an exception to their refund policy given my unexpected family circumstances, but without even acknowledging the tragedy of my situation the only response I got was a curt "You're liable for it!". I run a small B&B myself and would never treat my customers so disrespectfully. I know from experience that travelers commonly have unavoidable changes of plans that I must accommodate--it's just part of doing business. Thurston House needs to adopt a more flexible refund policy.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank VitalityGrl A
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have been here several times. Invariably a great experience. The owners are wonderful people; the food is always excellent; and the fig bread.... mmmmmmm. Also, very conveniently located to town. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try the Annex for the best rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EJISK
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Thurston House for a weekend getaway...3 nights. We couldn't have picked a better place. It was super clean, very well decorated, quiet and comfortable. The hosts were awesome and friendly, breakfast was different every day and delicious and fresh baked fig cake was always on the table. They upgraded us to one of the upstairs rooms in the Annex and they were a little bit larger than those on the bottom floor. Either way we would have loved it, it was well worth every penny! Ocracoke is great to walk around, visit the beaches and enjoy the simplicity and history of the village. You can walk, bike or rent golf carts to get around. We walked almost everywhere, except to the beach. I would recommend Thurston House hands down as a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Annex and were able to check out all the rooms, they were all great, the ones upsta...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very comfortable centrally located B&B. Outstanding breakfast with very good coffee. This was our second time staying at the Thurston House and we couldn't have been more pleased. The next time we visit Ocracoke we intend to again stay at the Thurston House.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ObxtoLbi
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this marvelous gem of a bed and breakfast while motoring down the Outer Banks. Our hosts (mother and daughter) were absolutely wonderful, aimed to fully please. The room was splendid, clean and the bed very comfortable, upscale but not pretentious. The breakfast of biscuits, eggs, ham, toast, coffee, juice, and homemade cake was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this B&B to travelers, the price was very reasonable and the location is great on Ocracoke.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Honorette
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to Okracoke for a weekend getaway... and it was. The island is absolutely beautiful and perfectly relaxing. The house is very welcoming and the owners and staff are very friendly. I am a coffee snob and it was quite awesome to stay somewhere that actually knew how to brew a good cup. The breakfast was PERFECT and I don't normally eat breakfast. We are definately planning to go back often. The only down side which is also an upside for couples is that they don't allow kids. I would love to bring our little guy to stay there. They offer menus of the restaurants on the island so you know exactly where you want to go.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sugglife10

Been to Thurston House Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!