“Don't miss it!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Ocracoke
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Really enjoyed stopping in...the teens with us spent an hour trying to decide on candy purchases from the large and varied selections! The ice creams, pastries, and sandwiches were mouthwatering, and the staff were very friendly!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Wine Queen and I stopped by after having lunch at Gaffer's down the street! I wanted ice cream and she is not about to object to that! I ordered a double dip of the pralines and cream. A single dip was $2.95. A double was only $1.00 more. She ordered a double of death by chocolate ... only because I ordered a double.

The girl who served us really packed it on! It was great ice cream, but I could barely finish it. But finish it I did. What a bargain! Right up there with Kill Devils in Kill Devil Hills, albeit not frozen custard.

There is no indoor seating, but ample seating outside, mostly in the shade.

They also serve pastries, etc. But I get my carbs from ice cream!

Go to Ocracoke, eat ice cream at Sweet Tooth!

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Like I have read and know I wasn't imagining, rudeness prevailed. My husband and I have been rather taken back by a lot of local rudeness! The young girl that waited on us never smiled nor said but 2 words to us. Our purchase was 2 small pieces of cheesecake coming to 10 something, she forced out have a nice day. We are from the north and businesses would die if everyone treated their customers with such rudeness. Maybe the locals should have all got tog. & bought this island, they seem to resent vacationers. When visiting other vacation spots on the eastern seashore we have always been so impressed with hospitality. We would think we were in New York this week!! Maybe they think it will turn people off not to return!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We got take out sandwiches for the beach as well as the ferry ride home. They were tasty, everything was fresh and held up really well in the cooler. The owner took our order and was very pleasant to chat with while waiting. It can take a little time to get your order, especially if they are busy, so plan accordingly if you are grabbing food en route to the ferry. There are picnic tables outside if you want to eat on site.

1  Thank catvahine
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stopped in en route from the beach and were delighted by the fudge (free samples) and ice cream. We meant to try their sandwiches but ran out of time with everything else we had planned. Very friendly staff and we met the owner who was not only on site but actively working. This is a fantastic place and I highly suggest you visit and try one of everything! When we come back next year, I know we will be heading to the Fig as one of our first stops!