“Excellent Exhibit”

Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit
Ranked #9 of 30 things to do in Ocracoke
More attraction details
Owner description: Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit is a unique attraction devoted to all things "piratical." Since 1992, the exhibit and its pirate specialty shop have been a favorite destination for families visiting Ocracoke Island. The exhibit features a life-like recreation of Blackbeard, a weapons display, old bottles, original art, a pirate flag display, ship models, and interactive activities. As visitors leave the exhibit, they enter a one of a kind pirate specialty shop. Kids of all ages will enjoy Teach’s Hole!
Reviewed August 17, 2013

So, my favorite pirate of all time is Blackbeard. He's on my short list of people I would have liked to meet. The exhibit is excellent. I wish there were more artifacts from the Queen Anne's Revenge. Hopefully they will bring some more in and actually let people touch a cannon or sabre. THAT would be something special. Also, I forgot to actually hand 'em my flyer for the $1.00 off admission fo the actually exhibit. I had it in hand but my attention was drawn away for a moment and the lady rang me up full price. She saw the flyer in hand. Said that she couldn't do anything afterwards. It would have amounted to a $3.00 savings, but it's the principle. I ended up buying (literally) just under $100 of stuff... and they wouldn't even throw in a lousy $2.00 sticker at the end. Soooo... note to self...hand in the flyer right away... and enjoy the exhibit. :)

1  Thank Boathouse98

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Home made 'exhibit' of pictures, maps, a video made by the family that runs the place, and some old bottles/forks/buttons (that in their defense, they never claimed that Blackbeard used).
Takes about 10-15 min to go through...my kids spent a longer time eggin for things from the gift shop than they did in the 'exhibit'.

2  Thank skipamy
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in to check this out last week while it was raining - it was very informative and a fun addition to the trip to Ocracoke!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you visit Ocracoke, you must stop here and get the history lesson on Black Beard, the Jolly Roger, Queen Anne's Revenge and Ocracoke Island, perhaps home to Black Beard's bounty! The exhibit has something for everyone, young and old alike. The gift shop has a huge assortment of Pirate Flags - my boater friends always ask me to bring them home one! Well worth knowing the history as you explore the island. It's great entertainment and worth a stop in.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked out Teach's Hole in our adventures and I have to say that it was a cool little place. They have a Blackbeard Exhibit that you can walk through, it's small and informative and doesn't cost much. The exhibit has a lot of good information and you can tell that the owner(s) really have passion about the pirate culture and pirate history.

The gift shop is pirate themed and there is something for everyone. It's situated in a beautiful building with enough parking. I would take my children to this exhibit for sure.