“Wedding/Honeymoon”

The Winds Resort Beach Club
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We had our wedding ceremony/honeymoon at the Winds Resort. Cheryl, the wedding planner at The Winds, made the process very simple and stress-free. Cheryl took care of everything for us – all we had to do was show up and get married. We are looking forward to returning to The Winds next year to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Illinois62069

Reviewed November 11, 2009

We had our daughter’s wedding day at “The Winds Resort” on October 3rd, 2009. Everything went great. We stayed at The Winds two nights with a lot of other guests, got together Friday night before the wedding for our daughter & her fiancé’s bridal shower in the house we rented with The Winds. The next day was the wedding. The weather was beautiful, the bride was beautiful and we had a great ceremony on the beach. After the ceremony, we had the reception under the house we rented with catered dinner, the DJ and dancing. The day and the evening went great thanks to our coordinator, Cheryl and others involved.
That’s not all, after the reception, our daughter and her new husband jumped in the ocean in their wedding clothes and the wedding party followed. It was so funny and made for some great pictures.
Thanks Cheryl and all who helped to make this day perfect.
Terry & Cathy

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank yacht_9
Reviewed November 7, 2009

My wife ( jenny ) & I have stayed at the Winds several times & enjoyed it totally. we rode bikes every morning & afternoon, enjoyed the pool & the tropical feel that this place sends too you. we normaly go to mexico several times a year but found this place gives you the same Caribbean feel. We will be back soon, have A great winter.

Best Regards
The Hayes family ( Pfafftown, NC )

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank batterymanhayes
Reviewed November 6, 2009

" Just a short note to let you know just how much Rosemary and I look forward to our annual trip to the Winds. We live in Montreal, and having been staying at the Winds for the past 4 -5 years now. It is a jewel of a location, and the staff are ever so friendly and helpful, that we feel like we are staying with friends as opposed to guests of a resort. It is beginning to get cold up here, the leaves have already turned in their fall colors and most have fallen to the ground. We may have played our last round of golf this week, as most of the courses here have closed, and the threat of snow showers looms. There is a light frost on the most mornings now, so we Canucks know that snow is on the way. Living in a four season climate, we are beginning to ready the ski equipment, in anticipation of the first descent of the year. But come early January we begin to think about our little getaway, (The Winds) and plan for our next visit, and look forward to the day when we book the next summers vacation. Although our trip to Ocean Isle takes about 17 hours of driving time, we are not in the least discouraged by the time spent on the road. As we traverse the bridge onto Ocean Isle, the excitement and anticipation of another summer at the Winds rises. We feel as if we are coming to our second home.

Pass on our best regards to Sharon, Manuel, Ken and the rest of the staff, and look forward to the summer of 2010 at the Winds. "

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

The accommodations at The Winds Resort were awesome. I stayed in room 301 overlooking the pool and a beautiful sunrise over the ocean. The room was super clean and pleasant. Nice Jacuzzi tub; it definitely made me wish my wife was with me. It all ended before 7 a.m. this morning with breakfast in The Garden Room. Great coffee!

I will always appreciate my stay at The Winds Resort. Please share my comments with your fine staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I have stayed at The Winds for years and will continue to do so as long as they are there! It is my most favorite place to getaway and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the beach. The rooms are all well appointed, clean and comfortable. The staff is most friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are always delicious. I travel to The Winds at least twice a year and always leave looking forward to my next visit! I highly recommend The Winds and give the whole experience 5 stars!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Our stay was everything we had wanted and more! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. I had spent months searching the internet and reading reviews for beachfront lodging for our honeymoon. I came acroos The Winds and read the reviews, the majority were positive but there were a few that had me worried. We arrrived at The Winds and literally from the moment we stepped out, we were hooked! This is not your typical 15 story, 5 star resort, if that is what you are looking for, there are plenty down the road in Myrtle Beach. The Winds is a laid back more of a "cottage on the beach" type of "resort". If you stay beachside, you are literally right on the beach. Every morning we watched dolphins swim, pelicans dive for food, and watched the sun come up while searching for sea shells. One day we had such great luck finding sand dollars, we left with a handful and still had a great view of our room. The gardens of plants, flowers, and palm trees made us feel like we were in a tropical destination. Most of the people we met were return vacationers, we met one couple who had been coming there for 8 years! One morning we watched an older woman looking for sea shells, her husband walked down to the beach to join her. They put their arms around each other and walked down the beach together. I looked at my new husband, and we said that will be us someday, we are going to come back here every year! For those who found it not quite to their liking, you are missing out! When you come you have to remember, it is on a beach! There is sand and salt water! It DOES NOT have the crowded tourist area of Myrtle Beach. It is ideal for families and romantic get-a ways. To the wonderful staff of The Winds, my husband and I say great job, we love your resort, and most importantly, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2009

I want to thank these guests for their very nice comments!

We have lots of honeymooners, weddings (we have a full time wedding coordinator on staff) and lots and lots of people who were married here or honeymooned here and then return on our Anniversary Packages!

They obviously ran into a lot of happy, repeat guests!

This couple were at The Winds on their honeymoon so I would like to congratulate them and wish them many, many years of happiness together!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
#1 of 3 in Shallotte

Been to The Winds Resort Beach Club? Share your experiences!