“Awesome Resort for a Destination Wedding”

The Winds Resort Beach Club
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome Resort for a Destination Wedding”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I recently had a beach wedding for my daughter at the Winds Resort in Ocean Isle beach, NC. It was a destination wedding with freinds and family coming in from all over the US.With the assistance of their wedding coorinator; it made it an easy process to plan the wedding, reception and accommodations for our guests. The entire experiance and event turned out better than I had ever expected. All our guest said they had a wonderful time and would not have changed a single thing. The Resort, their excellent staff and location made this a very memorable trip. I would highly recommend choosing this Resort; if you are planning a beach wedding or any large event. I am planning to return in the near future just to relax and vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms have an amazing view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank skip c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Winds Hotel in Ocean Isle is a small hidden gem. I have been here few times in the past ten years. Never staying longer than 3 days. I don't stay longer because I choose to move to another destination when I get the time to travel. My wife and I have always enjoyed The Winds because it is small and hidden away from hustle and bustle. All the landscaping throughout the property is what makes it unique. Is this property a five star, triple diamond place? No, and they don't claim to be either. If you want beach, good people, value for ocean front property, and a beach weekend. Give this hotel a chance. I did 10 years ago and I still go back and will again if given the chance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian S
McLeansville, NC
Reviewed October 9, 2011

What a fantastic ocean front resort. My husband, I and 3 children (ages 8,9 and 11) had an amazing weekend at The Winds. I had local work in the area and combined work and play. The beach, pools, hot tubs, bikes and fitness room were enjoyed thoroughly. We did not have time for the shuffle board or ping pong but will make time on a return visit.

Room Tip: 3rd floor ocean front gave an amazing view of the beach.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed late inthe year, end of Sept. The room was lovely, the king size bed quite comfy. A dehumidifier was running, which helped with the sea air. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed September 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Winds was a great place for my sister's wedding. Beautiful, lush plant life. Clean pool with good food at the tiki bar. Mel, the wedding planner made sure everything was just the way my sister wanted it for the wedding and reception. Gary at the front desk was very friendly. There were other staff at the front desk also very helpful, but I didn't catch their names. Minor things that would have been nice, like the phone working in my sister's room, and a more comfortable sleeper sofa, but overall, a very nice place to stay. The beds were comfortable and clean! I would definitely stay here again. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jokuma
North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I were just married at The Winds on October 1st. Mel, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful from beginning to end and beyond. She truly cared about making sure we had exactly what we wanted and is an excellent communicator. She helped me make many important decisions and the reception decor, etc truly reflected my and my husband's selections/tastes. It was so beautiful! Mel helped us with a space for childcare during the reception and helped us two days after the wedding to re-dress for photo re-takes. Also, one of Mel's assistants, Logan was there to guide me at the start of the ceremony, as well as during the reception and was very helpful and kind. Special thanks to Gary at the front desk! He was amazing and friendly assisting with my wedding party's check-in, always smiling and went out of his way to call me with updates! I would highly recommend the resort as a wedding venue. Multiple guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thanks to all others who helped make this such a memorable time for us!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank lovefortraveling
Durham NC
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had a destination wedding to attend at Ocean Isle Beach; the venue hotel was full so we ended up at The Winds. What a struck of luck for us, as the amenities and facilities were much better at The Winds. The cottage rooms have a quaint feel about them; we've stayed at Old Key West in WDW and it felt similar. Our new ritual is to do a spot check for insects; our room at The Winds was bug-free. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom had plenty of hot water and towels. You get a very hearty breakfast included in your room fee - - don't miss it! After our wedding activities were over, we spent time on the beach, and had drinks by the main pool at the Thirsty Tiki bar - try the raspberry mango daiquiri, it's great!

Room Tip: If you want a particular room location it would be better to call the hotel, rather than use one of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Shallotte
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,436 reviews
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,179 reviews

Been to The Winds Resort Beach Club? Share your experiences!