“Winter Getaway At Its Best”
Review of Ocean Isle Inn

Ocean Isle Inn
NC
“Winter Getaway At Its Best”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

What happens when all you are experiencing in the Winter is snow and ice? Why head to Ocean Isle Beach. The sun was beaming, the atmosphere was awesome and the service was so wonderful. We stayed at Ocean Isle Inn in mid January for a business conference. Having our conference in the conference room was superb with a big plus seeing the sun rise and sun set right out the windows of the conference room. The staff were so kind to us and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great conference.

I have to continue to brag on the beds. They are pillow top and so comfortable that you will have the best nights sleep.

So many things are within walking distance to the hotel which is really nice. We had an oceanfront room which was great to wake up in the mornings and go right out on the deck to see the dolphins swimming and the waves coming in.

Definitely recommend Ocean Isle Inn!

1 Thank momto2kids
Oceanisleinn, Manager at Ocean Isle Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Many thanks to you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay. You're right. The Ocean Isle Inn is the perfect place to get away from the winter woes. Our oceanfront rooms offer a wonderful panoramic view. We host several conferences and other various functions in our conference room. Ideally located in the middle of our property and with the glass French Doors that open out to our oceanfront garden gazebo area, it makes a wonderful setting for just about any function. We are glad your group enjoyed their time with us. Our staff is always eager to ensure that everything goes just right. We look forward to having you with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
North Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2010

An absolutley delightful little spot, seriously just steps away from the town circle for your kids to easily manage, museum, restaurants, and famouse ice cream shop. Everything you need if you like to be right on the beach, have the basics covered like breakfast included in your rate and a fridge in your room for lunch and refreshments. The rooms are comfortable, beds comfy for a great nights sleep, tile flooring could benefit from rugs to soften things up, but the hotel is a great find for the right price. If you want a getaway to the Brunswick Islands that is truly relaxing, easy, and beach first, this is your spot. Staff is very pleasant, very creative, and highly focused on customer friendly partnerships with other local businesses to make your stay complete. Love the packages focused on couples, girls night out...they are all about it! Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank MyGOMOM
Oceanisleinn, Manager at Ocean Isle Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
Thank you so much for offering you thoughts and opinions about the Ocean Isle Inn. It is truly beneficial for us to hear what our guests have to say. Ocean Isle Beach has always been a family oriented beach and we strive to maintain that "old fashioned" beach atmosphere. There are several activities on the island within walking distance of our hotel: Ice Cream shop, museum, restaurants, mini-golf, ... all just steps away from your room. We find that many of guests do comment on the great nights sleep that had on our Quilt-Top matresses. We chose to remove the carpeting from our room, along with the musty carpet smell, and refurbish our rooms with lovely Italian tile flooring. This has made a tremendous difference in the overall appearance and freshness of our rooms. Your comments about our staff are so kind. They always enjoy getting to know our guests and offering them friendly customer service. I will be sure to pass on your words to them. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Many happy returns ...
NJ
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I've been visiting OI Inn for a few years, and keep going back. This is one of the best vacation destinations ever. Right on the beach, wonderful views, great service; with a friendly, courteous and helpful staff. The Inn is in close proximity to about anything you would want to do; everything is within 20-30 minutes. The continential breakfast is well above average, and with drinkable coffee! If you want loud and roudy, go somewhere else. If you want to relax and forget about time, this is the place to be. I've already made one of my reservations for this year.

Joe

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank JoeNJNj
Dear Joe,

Thank you for posting your comments about the Ocean Isle Inn. We are happy that you have enjoyed so many visit to our property. Prominently situated along Ocean Isle's middle island area, we are ideally located close to many of the area's attractions. As for our staff, I take great pride in knowing that they offer exemplary service to all our guests. We look forward to the next of your may returns to Ocean Isle.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed January 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in December for a Christmas party. I absolutely loved the room. It was very clean. had a fridge and microwave, and a FANTASTIC view of the ocean. If it were a little warmer I don't think my husband would have been able to pull me off the balcony. I am hoping to go back again this Valentine's Day for our anniversary. Great little heated indoor pool and a great place to throw a little party.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sbchick2
Oceanisleinn, Manager at Ocean Isle Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2010
Thank you for posting your review and comments about our facility. Our housekeeping staff does an excellent job keeping our rooms up to par. As for our oceanfront balconies, they do offer fantastic views. We find that many of our guests spend a great amount of time on them enjoying the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Also, our oceanfront conference room provides a wonderful setting for parties of all kinds. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you with us again.
Charlotte
Reviewed January 22, 2010

This is my first time at the Inn and I highly commend the friendliness of the staff and it's unbeatable customer service. They go their way to make you feel really special and well-taken care of. The view in my room facing the ocean and the pool and gazebo below was just fabulous. A nice view to wake up to every morning! I had a pleasant stay at the inn and I'm definitely going back this summer, this time with my family!

2 Thank ZenMamaVentures
Oceanisleinn, Manager at Ocean Isle Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Thanks for taking time from your shcedule to post your review about our facility. It is always beneficial for us to hear what our guests have to say. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff goes out of their way to make sure each guest feels at home and has whatever they need to ensure a great stay. I can't be more proud my staff. They genuinely take pride in their work. We look forward to having you visit us again with your family.
sylva, nc
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I recently satayed at the Ocean Isle Inn. What a wonderful experience I had. The Ocean Isle Inn is a perfect place for any season. The location is perfect and is steps from the beach. The views from my first floor OceanView room was fantastic. Not only did I have a view of the pool and hot tub but also the beach. I could see for miles. The rooms aren't fancy but nice. They have all the usual amenities: TV, coffee machine, blow dryer, table, microwave and a mini fridge. The room was large and comfortable and clean. Usually older hotels are sometimes grimy. This one was not. It was very clean and updated. The staff was friendly. They also offer a free breakfast that is more than just a muffin and coffee. They had waffles, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, juice etc. There is also an indoor pool which is perfect for wintertime. The area is wonderful as well. There are many things to do and places to go. I was there for a conference and it was a perfect place for it. I highly recommnd the Ocean Isle Inn. Another plus was the free Wi-Fi

1 Thank carogonza
Thank you for giving us your comments about your recent stay with us. You're right, Winter is also a great time to be at the beach. The crowds are gone and you feel like you have the entire beach to yourself and the weather is usually still cooperative. Since we face South, we are blessed with fantastic Sunrises and Sunsets over our beach. It makes for amazing photographs and breathtaking views. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words about our staff. They work really hard and make sure that everything is as it should be. You can tell they enjoy their work. It pleases me to hear guests tell me of conversations they have had with our staff. Whether it's Winter or Summer, there are plenty of activities to partake in. Again, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you as a repeat customer and being part of the Ocean Isle Inn Family.
South Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Be sure to get a room with a ocean view - fantastic!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tjrey
Thanks for posting your comments about our property. We are glad you enjoyed the view from your oceanfront room. The views are breathtaking. We hope to have you again as our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#3 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Shallotte
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,179 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Shallotte

Been to Ocean Isle Inn? Share your experiences!