“Wonderful food!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Causeway Gourmet

Causeway Gourmet
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We ate here during our weeklong stay at OIB and it was one of the best meals we had all week! I ordered the club wrap which was tasty; others at the table had the sirloin special, chicken Marsala, as well as the shrimp and grits. Everyone loved their food! Will definitely go back! The desserts looked wonderful but we were stuffed!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth A

charlotte nc
“The Godfather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Best sandwich I've had in a long time. Would recommend doing takeout. Wife loved the Southwest Shrimp wrap. Also very good.

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Yum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

After visiting several restaurants in the area, some good and some not so good, I think I have found a hidden gem. As I am new to the area I have tried several eateries and can say by far this was one if the best I have ever had.

First I started with the mushroom soup, very well seasoned with a nice earthy after taste. I usually don't order soup and a starter but the menu was so appealing that this time I did. The menu I had was out of date, apparently only since last year, which was fine with me as this new menu had more to offer. The spice boiled shrimp was my choice of starter, again very well seasoned but served cold. I wish I had a choice in that as I prefer my shrimp warm. My entree for the evening was the best choice I have made all day. Gumbo, it was a hearty meal that I probably couldn't have finished even if I didn't have soup and a starter. It was jammed packed with sausage, shrimp and chicken. The green peppers and onions were cooked perfectly and the sauce was just the right consistency.

As I finished up about half of my meal I asked for a box and commented to the waitress (several of them work together) that "this sure is gonna be a good lunch for tomorrow"! She said "well does that mean you won't be having dessert tonight, I should have told you to save some room." I chuckled and with my reply of no she said "enjoy your night and come back for sweets anytime".

As I get to the counter to pay I once again am greeted by a cooler with all these sweets looking me right in the face, yep, they got me. Something called a five spice cake, I did get this to go as I could hardly move already. Once home and relaxed of course the sweet tooth kicked in, time for dessert. Amazing is all I can say, crusty on the outside, gooey on the inside and the spices were perfectly paired together.

Wonderful find for me, this place is in a sort of strip mall on the mainland side of the Ocean Isle bridge on the right. If your not looking for it you will pass right by, but take my advice on this one, it's worth the time to turn around and go back.

3 Thank Danny L
Cary, North Carolina
“Delish Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wanted to order take-away on holiday weekend night - their menu is excellent and the food was delicious - had the Macunudo and the Beast - called in and went to collect food - so did everyone else that night so it was about 35 mins until ready.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank PMitchell822
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Expensive and Slow.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Take out is the only way - it will take over an hour to eat inside. The food is average and its still way overpriced.

Visited September 2013