“Worst Ever”

Antonio's Deli, Pizza & Grill
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We are a Deli, Pizzeria and Grill serving the Ocean Isle Beach area from 10am - 3am. We have some outdoor seating and are located next to The Chubby Buddha Bar. We deliver, even to the beach access! (Beer & Wine too!)
Reviewed April 29, 2014

In fairness, if they served everyone the meal we had they wouldn't still be in business, so they must do something right & I suspect it's the pizza. I have 'heard' the pizza is good, although not bargain priced. We tried them and each ordered a meatball sub w/ fires. $9.95 for a 12" sub, that really didn't seem 12", and $3.75 for fries. With sub names like, the Jersey Shore & the Brooklyn, I expected something reasonably authentic & at least good. It was neither. Wow! ....especially with a Subway on the next corner selling 12" meatball subs in the $5 ballpark. Having eaten all over the country (and indeed in many other countries), I can say without pause or reservation this is the worst meatball sub I've ever had. The bread was stale - very stale - then heated to a rubbery thing that I literally throw away (and I don't often discard food). The meatballs were few, small, and rather hard. The tomato sauce was horrible, what little there was - very acidic & not tasty. Geez, open a jar of Prego & you'll do better. The astute reader will quickly add that such a meal for 2 is about $30 with tax, plus tip. Do yourself a favor - go to Subway & you'll come out for about $11 for far better subs. It's a shame since I live nearby & they deliver into the wee hours. My wife commented on how convenient - until she tried to eat the food. She was angrier than me, and I'm angry enough to go out of my way to write this review. BTW, the fries were pretty good.

1  Thank cruisedoc1

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Flew into the OIB airport and stopped into this restaurant right next door. Ordered the "Paradise burger". The burger was "wet" inside from being thrown on the griddle while still frozen. It had the unmistakable flavor of old, "freezer-burn". The burger was offered with a side of either pasta salad or potato salad. I guess fries are not popular with burgers in this area. The pasta salad was acrid and inedible.

Is this out-of-season for them? There were still plenty of people at the local beach.

1  Thank Wake4Rest
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Their pizza was great and they even delivered to the beach! How great was that. However, it only came in 1 size.