“Dined there twice - one good one bad.”
Review of Castaway Grill

Castaway Grill
Cuisines: American, Greek
“Dined there twice - one good one bad.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dined at the grill twice this week. First for lunch and it was great! The second time we ordered carry out and the phone rang at least 20 times before they answered. When we went to pick it up we waited 10 minutes at the drive thru to get any one to help us. When we did get the food it was soggy and very salty. Their customer service needs to improve on a busy Friday night!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gerry R

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OIB's little secret”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Awesome selection of American and Greek fare! Owners and staff are very nice. Great breakfast as well, cooked exactly how I like!

Visited June 2013
Warsaw, Indiana
“Sharky's”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great place to eat in my opinion. The manager was so nice. Ate there several times and each time he checked to see how we were doing and if we were satisfied. Even recommeneded a place for us to try. Clean, good food and a fair price. Try out on the deck for lunch reall nice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Larry E
Wilmington, North Carolina
“It was alright.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

4 of us were looking for lunch on Sunday in the off-season. Most places were closed, but we did find the Castaway Grill which has good reviews on this site. It's a soul-food menu. I remember the first thing I saw coming in the door was a calves liver special. So you can get a little bit of everything here.

I had fried pork chops. I was expecting a pan fried pork chop, but I got 2 humongous deep fried pork chops. They were good but it was way too much for one person. Not a bad deal at $8. My wife had a salad, and our friends had a BBQ sandwich (which pork slathered in BBQ sauce) and a flounder sandwich (which was also huge).

The service was great and the food was good. It was nothing to write home about, but I didnt leave there hungry or feeling like I got ripped off. They do serve breakfast all day and that seems to be the popular meal at the place. Not sure if I'd go back for lunch, but I'd probably give them a try for a greasy down-home breakfast. I bet its great.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank brandonhill28
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place that you hate to tell too many people about.....”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been dropping in to Castaway Grill since they opened. We're locals, so to see this place survive the off-season is great. That's the only way something is going to survive here.
For the most part I can only comment on the breakfast meals, as that is what we order be it a.m or p.m. The only risk is that sometimes there are no grits in the evening.
Besides breakfast we have only had the gyro plate, or ax my son calls it "that meat thing you get".

The father/son cooks/owners are friendly and the waitstaff is too. We love this place!

• Visited April 2013