“Liked it so much we wanted to go back”
Review of Pogies Waterfront Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Pogies Waterfront Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
saugerties,ny
“Liked it so much we wanted to go back”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We decided to try try Pogies our 1st night on OIB mostly because it was right next to the place we were staying at. We got there at a very good time because we were seated by a window and as soon as we ordered there was a very large party that came in. I chose the crab cake sandwich which was very good and very tasty. My husband had the prime rib sandwich (I think) and he enjoyed his also. The view was very nice and I really wanted to go back another night to sit on the rooftop and watch the ICW. Unfortunately my BIL passed away at home and we had to cut our trip short. we will be back and I will return to Pogies!
Our hostess and waitress were both very pleasant! The service was very good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank roadkinggirl

“Great food!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

No wait. Our waitress was very friendly. Not really impressed with mixed drink but everything else was great!

1 Thank Tami S
Cary, North Carolina
“Skip the Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

No one at our table had good food. Shrimp and grits were covered with cheddar cheese which was not stated on the menu. The menu stated creamy grits, which were not delivered. The hostess and waitress were scattered and brought the wrong sides. It is in a great location and the roof top deck is wonderful, but service and bad food make this a location to skip.

• Visited August 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“A Long Wait”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We arrived at Pogies and was told it would be a twenty minute wait. We sat at the bar and waited and waited. I asked the hostess how much longer it would be, she found us a table next to a wedding party. We were told that the flat ware was being washed and would be out soon.
We sat longer with no acknowledgment from a waiter/waitress. We had to get up and ask the manager to be served. Our waitress was so overwhelmed and not so friendly. The staff was overwhelmed from serving the wedding party and I noticed others had a long wait too. When our food arrived it was cool, the spaghetti had harden in the bowl. My food was a bit warmer then the other guests at my table! Our dining time was about three hours.

• Visited August 2014
“Pogies made our last eve at OIB wonderful”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We made a reservation for 7pm, and arrived early (6:30). We walked in and were greeted by friendly hostesses and were immediately seated. The view was outstanding - we sat at the little gazebo overlooking the inlet. It was so cozy and quiet because only a few parties can be seated there.
Our waitress was as pleasant, friendly and attentive as any I have ever had. And I have been a server, so I am kind of picky in that department. Her name is Angie (Angelyne). She was spot on with the timing of everything! Also knew how to talk about the specials. That's important.
We ordered some fancy fruity drinks, which were tasty, and also ordered the Pogy Balls (pimento cheese balls) for our appetizers. The pimento cheese is made on sight, lightly breaded, and then fried. They were really good because they were not too heavy or greasy. The dipping sauce was good too. It was a chipotle ranch.
My husband ordered one of the specials, the mahi mahi. It was blackened, and perfectly cooked, topped with cubed mangos. He also special requested asparagus as one of his sides, that Angie accommodated him with. Only the Grouper was to have asparagus, but she made sure he got it. He also had a rice pilaf that was yummy.
I ordered another of the specials, the blackened Grouper. It was served with a hollandaise sauce, and was also cooked perfectly. My side came with the asparagus and the rice. The portions were excellent - not too much that you felt like you had to be rolled out the door after finishing.
To finish up, we ordered the chocolate brownie, topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Delicious!
I gave Pogies 5 stars because we honestly could not find a single thing that was wrong.
Great food, staff and view. Even if you are inside, the view is good. Plus they have a rooftop bar which looked fun. Will be going back!

• Visited July 2014