“Nice view with your food”
Review of Pogies Waterfront Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Pogies Waterfront Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We made reservations for 7PM, and when we showed up at 6:55PM we were told our table was ready, and we were seated right away. The waitress was very friendly, and made us feel welcomed. We didn't have to wait to long for our drinks, or our appetizer. For the appetizer we ordered the calamari, and grouper bites (we had a party of 9) The calamari was hands down some of the best that I have ever had, it was cooked perfect. The grouper bites were also pretty dang good, and the sauce that is paired with the grouper bites was so good my mom asked for a small cup of it it dip her dinner in. I ordered the po boy the shrimp was cooked perfect, and the sauce that they put on it was nice, and spicy. My husband had the only complaint, he ordered the seafood mac, and cheese, he wished the bowel was a little bigger for the price. In all this is a nice restaurant, and we all would go back.

2  Thank Holly B

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had an awesome experience at Pogies! The perks:

-Good location, right on the water
-Service was very, very good (we had Mike the bartender who was amazing and got us food asap when we had a very mad and hungry baby)
-prices are very reasonable for the quality of food that you get
-they have shuffle board that you can play (awesome!)

The only con was the indoor patio area was HOT, but I'm not sure there's much they can do about that in July. Overall, really great dining experience.

4  Thank JeanH2022
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I arrived in OIB later in the day than normal so we decided to grab something to go from Pogies. My biggest complaint is that I wish that they had a takeout menu and/or a menu that you can access online. We usually eat here each year we come to OIB, but menus change and it would be nice to have access to that information. That aside, the food was delicious! I highly recommend the cod sandwich. You do get a good bit of food for the price that you pay and they were very quick to complete the order. The views at Pogies are nothing short of spectacular. If you can eat here, I recommend it while you watch the sun set.

1  Thank Hokiegirl10
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My grandson labels himself a calamari expert and has eaten many places across the country in his 11 short years. He said this was the best ever. Tried to go back for lunch but they only serve dinner. Others in our party loved the fried piemento cheese balls and the tub of steamed seafood. Only negative was cold clam chowder. Service at the bar on top was excellent. Will return.

3  Thank Linda S
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The food was okay, decor okay. This was probably one of the best places to eat on the island, and that's not saying much. The view was nice and if you party I think this would be good.