Islander Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Winds Resort Beach Club(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
$120
Groupon.com
Ocean Isle Inn(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
$139
$135
$85
Sleep Inn at Harbour View(Little River)(Great Value!)
$109
SleepInn
Hyperion Towers(North Myrtle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewssausage biscuitsocean frontcontinental breakfastoutdoor pooloff seasonoceanfront roombagelshot tubflat screen tvsmall fridgegreat weekendbeds were comfortablemake your own wafflesgreat oceaneasy access to the beachbeautiful beachbeach wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Said it once, I'll say it again. We love the Islander. We've stayed there four times over the last nine years or so. The rooms are spacious enough for a family and there's nothing better that sitting on your ocean front balcony watching the dolphins play in the surf. If you need lots of noise and entertainment, head to Myrtle beach. If you desire a quiet, relaxed beach setting with no crowding Ocean Isle is heaven. There is no city light polution so the amount of stars you can see at night are beyond incredible. Thank you Islander Inn for another great stay. We cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We are two sisters from Ohio. We enjoyed our stay very much at the Islander Inn. The room was very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. But we do think the place has some room for improvements. The pool area was not lite up at night for evening swims. The walk way to the beach had no lighting on it either. We think the lighting would really make it look alot nicer since all the other hotels had their area lite up in the evening hrs. The only other thing was there was no hot water in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Carolr43
Reviewed June 7, 2010

You can't beat the beautiful view of the ocean from your balcony and the sunrise is absolutely breathtaking in the mornings. I thought the room itself was quite spacious and clean; however, the closet area was a disappointment -- way too small :( The bed was fairly comfortable and the large flat screen TV in the room was a nice surprise. It looks like the Islander Inn definitely received a few upgrades over the past couple of years!! The only advice I would give about staying at this hotel is to pack light and bring a set of earplugs -- the walls appear to be very thin. Overall, I thought this hotel was very nice and the view was outstanding. I will definitely be a repeat customer!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank oibwed2011
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Islander in late May '10 while looking for a place to buy in Ocean Isle Beach. We couldn't have asked for a more appropriate place to lodge for a week.

Our spacious AC-ed room in building #4 had a small kitchenette featuring a sink, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. No need to bring your hair dryer - there's one in the bathroom. Ironing board with iron are stored in the armoire. Nice flat screen TV on the wall, and free wifi which was a cinch to connect to. Each building has an elevator and free parking underneath.

Our room directly overlooked the pristine beach and we left the balcony door open every night so we could fall asleep to the sounds of the waves. While there we witnessed one sunrise beach wedding and three afternoon weddings.

Located not far from the local pier, my husband was able to fish as much as he wanted while I took advantage of the beach and ocean. Myrtle Beach is just a 40 minute drive away and Pawley Island is about an hour. We also visited nearby Sunset Beach, Holden Beach, and Calabash.

Included on our list of things to bring for our room were plastic plates, cups, tableware, micro-cookware, beach towels and chairs. Our room lacked clothes hangers, so we brought up some from our vehicle. While there, we bought food for the local cats who live in the dunes. They love leftovers, too.

The Islander is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toto24522
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at the hotel this past Memorial Day weekend as was very disappointed with the lack of concern for guests needing peace an quiet and clean pool to relax in. They were noising constructing the tiki hut which was supposed to have been open since May 8th, according to their web site. I was double charged for my room in error and my bank funds were unavailable to me during my stay which made relaxing even more difficult, and prevented me from enjoying other sites and parts of the area.. The manager was constantly unavailble, off on other properties or overseeing a wedding and rude when talking to me on the phone.. They didnt even offer to refund or make up for the poor service, or inconvience with the exception of a plastic water bottle. The breaskfast was only very dry cereal, kiddy yogurt, and waffles, no fresh fruit as was expected. The bathroom did not have a working fan, and the water pressured varied.
I may return to Ocean Isle Beach but probably not to this hotel, especially with the current management, as it has left me very disappointed with a place that could have been a much better stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the hotel this past Memorial Day weekend. I am very sorry that I and the customer service was not what you felt it should be. I am a little confused as to your listing of the events, especially since it was I that helped remedy the error that you had with your bank.

Your bank held two pending charges for your room on the VISA debit card that we charged you once for. It was with my help, and several phone calls and faxes to them with the records that I provided them about our charges to you, to have your bank release those funds and correct their error. They then apologized to both of us for the error.

I am sorry that you now think the hotel for this responsible for your bank’s error, but it was with our help that you had your bank correct it with documents that we provided them for you. This resulted in the bank replacing those funds back in your account; in what you told me, was 6 hours. I apologized that afternoon, and do apologized again now for any inconvenience that your bank and the charge that we posted caused. Since this was a banking error, but you feel that it reflexed in poor customer service from the hotel, which helped you correct their error, I am truly sorry.

Our tiki hut, pool side bar, which was opened on May 8th, did receive a new palm thatch roof while you were down this past weekend, but the work was only done on Friday afternoon for two hours. This only consisted of a nail gun and no other tools. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this caused.

Our breakfast room consists of four different kinds of dried cereals, warm sausage biscuits, self-made waffles, apples, bananas, grapes, oatmeal, Danishes, Bagels, yogurt, & muffins. It we ran out of any of these items on the busy Memorial Day weekend I am deeply sorry.