“We loved the Islander Inn.....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Islander Inn

and 1 more site!
Islander Inn
A TripAdvisor Member
“We loved the Islander Inn.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2006

This hotel truly deserves its AAA three diamond rating. I was a bit scared after reading the negative reviews - but when we reached there the hotel exceeded all our expectations. The room was clean; attractively decorated, seemed to be recently renovated; views from the room are EXCELLANT! We had two double beds; balcony faces the ocean - Room service was on time every day - even though it was a holiday weekend - they vaccuumed every day of course - my daughter loved that when we came back her stuffed dog was on the pillow holding the remote :) They have a marvellous breakfast buffet - included in the price - we expected the regular continental of stale muffins and coffee - but this includes a do it yourself waffle station; toasted bagels; english muffins; breakfast sandwiches; fresh juices; tea; coffee; etc. The breakfast staff kept everything stocked and ready. We did not swim in the pool - the ocean was right there - why bother with the pool! Parking was under the building. There were no musty smells; the rooms are private and quite. We will definitely come here again :)

• Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2006

We stayed for 6 nights and loved the beach but were somewhat disappointed with the hotel. During our 6 night stay, the room was NEVER vacuumed! When I asked for extra towels, the staff was rude. The breakfast was ok but one day we did not have any milk--staff did not manage to get milk that day. Not all of the staff was rude--some where nice. Indoor pool was overchlorinated--resulting in chlorine allergy! Needs remodeling! Whirlpool smelled and looked bad!!!This hotel has NO guest laundry! You have to go to Shallotte (7 mi away) to take care of laundry. Ocean view was very nice--loved the balcony and the fact that we could leave balcony door open (windows do not open). Ocean Isle Beach was gorgeous but overdeveloped--virtually no free spots but very expensive "cottages" instead--a shame, really! Restaurants in the area were OK, not overwhelmingly excellent but expensive. Bottom line: You pay a lot of money for mediocre service but excellent beach access. Would not stay here during high season. During off season the beach was never crowded but clean, easy to get to (right in front of the hotel). Hotel was quiet; our room was big enough with two beds, a small table, a microwave and a refrigerator.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank AnnieandThomek
Corpus Christi, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2005

We spent 4 nights there. The staff is friendly and helpful and the beach is wonderful. The internet access only worked some of the time, and the included breakfast is not particularly good. Our room and bathroom was small and there was a small balcony facing the ocean. The amenities (shampoo, soap, etc.) were excellent--the equal of 5-star hotels!! I probably would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank JaneB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2005

My wife and I planned on staying at Ocean Isle for one week.We called to see if we could get in to the hotel one day early and the hotel said no problem.When we arrived (around 1:00pm),we were told we could not get into our room until 3:00pm.We took the 2 hours to sitesee and eat.The beach and surrounding area are very nice.When we finally arrived at our room it smelled musty and had a lingering odor of febreeze.It turns out the air conditioner had leaked a few days earlier and had soaked the rug from the outer wall into the room about eight feet.The hotel had a dehumidifier running in the room.Upon complaining of the battling smells in the room we were told we could move from our oceanfront room to a non oceanfront room but that was all that they could do.Having planned the vacation and looked forward to the vacation approx. 6 months we did not think this was an appropriate response.After we informed the hotel we would be leaving they comped the one night we stayed but did not offer any discounts for the room while we were still GUESTS. The hotel also represents its hotel as newly remodeled.You will find out quickly that the condition of the hotel(the chipped walls and dirty carpet) are for below what someone would expect from a $150 to $180 a night hotel.I would say if you are going to Ocean Isle,have fun,enjoy the beach and shops,but do not stay at The Islander Inn..

• Stayed July 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2003

I'd like to formally debate the first review of the Islander Inn!

Myself, my wife and my newborn son stayed at the Islander Inn in early July. Our first visual arriving near dusk was the stunning sunset coming over the bridge. It was a traffic 'stopper'. Bonus #1. Our second visual upon arrival at the hotel was the proximity to the waters edge. I could have quite easily left the family and gone "beaching"...please don't tell them that. Bonus #2. The third visual (more so an emotion) was the quite pleasing demeaner of the Hotel Staff.... These folks are very interested in service. NUMEROUS times I was asked....(and I only remember cause its such a rarity)...if we needed help, ideas on things to do (never been to Ocean Isle)... the list is some length. My kudos to the Staff. Bonus #3 The room: My memory of the room is somewhat vague...I don't remember spending to much time in it. Upon asking my wife, she can only remember that a piece of the baseboard molding had come off during our stay. The maintenence folks were up in no time to remedy it. Overall I'd have to give the claibur of the room itself a 4 out of 5. If I wanted the Ritz i'd have gone there. My objectives were pretty simple a nice quiet place at the beach....my lovley wife....beatuiful son....and me. I don't think I could have planned 4 days with my family any better.
Thanks to the great staff of the Islander Inn. We'll be back!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2003

The Islander Inn is a little rough around the edges for the price. Four adults had two adjoining rooms for a week stay. We requested and were given a non-smoking room that reaked of cigarette smoke. There are major design flaws at this place. The air conditioner unit leaks onto the balcony and blows hot air that makes it uncomfortable to sit on the balcony. The indoor pool area was pretty filthy and the hot tob water was yellow. The place is a series of buildings connected by outdoor walkways. We were on the second floor of bldg. 5, which meant we had to either carry our luggage up several flights of steps or use the elevator and open and close about 8 doors. The place didn't seem that clean to us, lots of scuffs, scratches, moldy shower curtains, cob webs, moldy ceilings, etc.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
#1 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,140 reviews

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!