If you want to say right on the beach, this is the place for you. We made our reservation the day before our arrival, so staying on the ocean side was not an option. Many others have written about the land side vs. ocean side, but I would like to add that the views from the land side are not bad. I have stayed at other hotels where you look at the wall of the building next door! Our view consisted of the bridge, the marshes, lots of water skiers and boats, and coastal North Carolina. We liked it.
We absolutely loved the beach. It is so much less crowded than Myrtle Beach- and even than other sections of Ocean Isle Beach. In the evening, I sat on the beach and felt nearly alone watching the moon over the ocean. Wonderful. Ocean Isle Beach has maintained a more relaxing ambiance by avoiding high-rise hotels.
I haven't been to many inns like this that offer breakfast. Breakfast was simple, but adequate. The breakfast area was particularly crowded when I went right after it opened at 7 AM. The management was friendly and attentive. Families with younger kids sure seemed to enjoy the pool. It was very hot when we visited, and our room was on the top floor. But, the AC was terrific. In fact, we ended up adjusting it warmer several times.
The Islander has plenty of parking- under the buildings, around the perimeter of the buildings, and at an extra lot across the street. Even when there was a wedding on the premises on a Friday night, we still found a parking spot.
Although the Inn was clean, the carpets could use a deep cleaning in several places. Still, this was minor compared to the many fine characteristics of this establishment. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach