Husband and I spent 2 nights at the Islander Inn and were very impressed - it was just what we were looking for - very clean, quiet and right on the beach. What was especially nice was the outstanding view of the ocean and being maybe 300 yards from the beach, with no huge sand dunes in between. The bed was super comfortable and the large flat-screen TV was a bonus - though we didn't spend much time in our room - much too nice on the beach! We enjoyed the continental breakfast and while I prefer Greek yogurt, they did offer Activia which was fine. I didn't think it was an old fashioned "throwback to the 50's" type of hotel, at least I never stayed in anything like this when I was a kid back then vacationing with my parents! No, it isn't 5-star hotel but we wanted a quiet place away from the high rise hotels and crowds. Monday was a perfect beach day. A vendor on the beach was renting big blue umbrellas and 2 canvas sling chairs for $25 for the day. We both agreed it was the best money we spent on our mini-vacation and we actually felt like we were in a Corona commercial! Everyone we came in contact with was super friendly, especially the female bartender at the Tiki Bar. We hope to be able to go back to the Islander Inn again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach