“A great experience!”

Carolina School of Surf
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We specialize in standup paddle board lessons SUP in Ocean Isle Beach, surf camps OIB, and surf lessons in ocean isle. Our staff is trained professionally and all adhere to a standard set of rules, morals and guidelines. We are practitioners of clean beaches to keep our main attraction looking as it did before we got here. The experience of surfing goes far beyond the act of surfing itself. We know the link between the surfer and instructor is very important. With this being said, each employee is maintained through our elite curation process. They have been hand-picked by the founders of Carolina School of Surf to represent the brand.
NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My kids are 7, 7 and 9. Ben and his crew are great. Loved the student to teacher ratio. I felt like my kids were safe. My kids had a great time and want to do it again this summer. My 9 year old had some surfing experience least proved so much that he is now able to surf on his own! My twins learned how to surf and love it. I highly recommend this camp if you are in OIB!

1 Thank eaglesnc

“Totally fantastic experience! Ann M”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Six kids in our family had so much fun this week on lovely Ocean Isle Beach. Mike and his crew of very creative and well trained staff taught our kids - ages 7-14 how to surf. The kids learned both surfing AND safety skills. Well worth the $ and highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best part of our week! These guys are GREAT.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been going to OIB for over 30 years. We now have quite a crew that travels to Ocean Isle every year. This year we decided to get private surf lessons for the kids -- ages 6, 12, 15. Ben was so easy to work with and very accommodating with our schedule. The kids could not have had more fun. And we cannot say enough about how polite, attentive, and professional the two instructors were. The instructors spent just the right amount of time with each child and had them all surfing within 30 minutes (even the 6 year old!!). This was truly the best part of our vacation week at OIB – not just because the kids got to surf, but also because of how easy and pleasant the crew is at Carolina School of Surf. A five star rating simply isn’t enough for these guys – we look forward to booking again next year!

Shallotte, NC
“AWSOME SURF EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ben came to our rescue!
If you are looking for your child/teenager to have an awesome learning experience the Carolina School of Surf should be your #1 Choice!

Their instructors were pleasantly charming and very knowledgeable. My nephew cannot wait till next summer for Surf Camp again!

Visited July 2013
Mullins, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Activity for Kids (and Adults too!)”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I read the reviews before I signed our kids up for a lesson.. and was so pleased to find them accurate. Ben and his group of instructors were informative, courteous, and of course fun! We had ages from 8-25 and everyone had a great time. They gave extra attention to a couple of the kids when they needed it. All of the kids relaxed and were encouraged to try it again. My youngest daughter added a surf board to her Christmas list!

1 Thank Wendy K