“Best part of our week! These guys are GREAT.”

Carolina School of Surf
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We specialize in standup paddle board lessons SUP in Ocean Isle Beach, surf camps OIB, and surf lessons in ocean isle. Our staff is trained professionally and all adhere to a standard set of rules, morals and guidelines. We are practitioners of clean beaches to keep our main attraction looking as it did before we got here. The experience of surfing goes far beyond the act of surfing itself. We know the link between the surfer and instructor is very important. With this being said, each employee is maintained through our elite curation process. They have been hand-picked by the founders of Carolina School of Surf to represent the brand.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best part of our week! These guys are GREAT.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been going to OIB for over 30 years. We now have quite a crew that travels to Ocean Isle every year. This year we decided to get private surf lessons for the kids -- ages 6, 12, 15. Ben was so easy to work with and very accommodating with our schedule. The kids could not have had more fun. And we cannot say enough about how polite, attentive, and professional the two instructors were. The instructors spent just the right amount of time with each child and had them all surfing within 30 minutes (even the 6 year old!!). This was truly the best part of our vacation week at OIB – not just because the kids got to surf, but also because of how easy and pleasant the crew is at Carolina School of Surf. A five star rating simply isn’t enough for these guys – we look forward to booking again next year!

Shallotte, NC
“AWSOME SURF EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ben came to our rescue!
If you are looking for your child/teenager to have an awesome learning experience the Carolina School of Surf should be your #1 Choice!

Their instructors were pleasantly charming and very knowledgeable. My nephew cannot wait till next summer for Surf Camp again!

Visited July 2013
Mullins, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Activity for Kids (and Adults too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I read the reviews before I signed our kids up for a lesson.. and was so pleased to find them accurate. Ben and his group of instructors were informative, courteous, and of course fun! We had ages from 8-25 and everyone had a great time. They gave extra attention to a couple of the kids when they needed it. All of the kids relaxed and were encouraged to try it again. My youngest daughter added a surf board to her Christmas list!

1 Thank Wendy K
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and flexible arrangements.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

During a recent visit to Wrightsville Beach, my son asked at short notice if he could learn to surt. I called Carolina School of Surf where Ben immediately got to work setting up a teacher for a timeslot less than 24 hours later. The teacher was great, he really connected with my son in addition to having him up and surfing during the 2 hour lesson. The next day, my son asked to rent a board and again Ben went out of his way to make a board available for us at short notice.

I cannot speak too highly of the responsive, cost-effective and professional service.

Best recommendation of all : My son had a great time !!

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great morning at the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My daughter attended a one-day surf clinic yesterday. These guys had great surf boards and a skilled work force of surf instructors. When my daughter would take a break, the instructors would surf and we were able to see how proficient they were. The instructors were patient and encouraging to the kids; there were many fist-pumps and high fives throughout the morning. I would highly recommend surf camp at Carolina School of Surf!

Visited May 2013