Tripadvisor
Ocean Isle Beach

“A must visit hidden gem at the beach!”
Review of Maria's Pizzeria

Maria's Pizzeria
Reserve a Table
Sat, 2/29
8:00 PM
Reviewed January 21, 2020

we grew up with our grandmothers Italian recipes in New York and We were completely blown away by the authenticity of the restaurants service & food. The atmosphere made us feel like we were among family. Stephanie welcomed us with open arms. She recommended the strawberry salad which was absolutely incredible. We ordered our uncles favorite mussels to honor of him and knew he would’ve been proud. The homemade pasta and the freshly sliced prosciutto was the icing on the cake. A must!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (31)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Stopped in as a single for a quick lunch on my way out of town. The spaghetti and meatballs served were simply delic! Two huge meatballs and a basket of bread for a very fair price of $9. My wife and I are building a new retirement home at the beach so I expect we will visit on a regular basis. In a word....Well Done.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Food is wonderful.... The antipasto salad and tagliatelle bolognese are two absolute favorites, not to mention ALL the various pizzas! The atmosphere is spectacular and the staff are friendly and efficient, making it a very special destination whenever we travel there. Allison is so professional yet has a very warm and welcoming personality! Maria's is our favorite restaurant at Ocean Isle Beach!

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Four of us visited for the first time after hearing good things from friends. First of all we were pleased with the physical redo of the facility. The separate bar area is a nice touch.

I think they do themselves a disservice by calling the place a pizzeria. It is more of a bistro and has a good overall menu. And if my pizza was any indication, they are low on my list of good pies. The crust was very chewy.

The mussels appetizer was very good and I would recommend it. My wife felt that her pasta had been sitting under a warmer lamp for some time which may the case since it took over 45 minutes for our entrees to come out. And this was on a night where the restaurant was only half full.

Our server was good but her assistant never delivered on the asked for bread refill.

There is a good wine list and the night we were there bottles of wine were half price.

All in all, I think it is a good addition to the area. There are,however, a couple of area Italian restaurants I would rate higher and there are several pizzas that I feel are better.

1  Thank retiree2
Reviewed January 8, 2020

We've been so pleased that Maria's opened on OIB. It's a great place to visit. Nice bar area with four TV's to keep an eye out on the game while having an incredible pizza with brews. Very welcoming full dining area to enjoy a luxurious Italian meal. The wine list is phenomenal, and manager Allison knows exactly how to advise the perfect wine pairing with your menu choices.You can't go wrong with Maria's, whether it's a couple's date night or a family gathering. They can accommodate whatever the occasion. The decor and atmosphere are great. We've been several times and will keep coming back. Very attentive, top notch staff--you can easily tell they want you to leave full and happy!

Date of visit: December 2019