“Place I look forward to visiting year after year”

Silver Coast Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Silver Coast Winery is a family owned and operated winery that produces International Award Winning Wines from Chardonnay to White Merlot and Cabernet. Have a wine tasting and browse our art gallery and gift shop. Enjoy a glass of wine while rocking the day away in the rocking chairs on the front porch. Silver Coast offers tours and tastings daily. Come learn about the winemaking process!
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I first visited this winery in 2007. I vacation in Sunset Beach yearly at this point and very much look forward to visiting my favorite winery. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the wine is delicious and different, and they support local artists. A must-do on your next trip to Sunset Beach!! Love!

1  Thank Adulaj425
There are newer reviews for Silver Coast Winery

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped here while staying in Wilmington. The guy who handled our wine tasting wasn't that great. He was kind of dull. You get to taste 5 wines for $6.00. Typical wine - nothing outstanding. If you have nothing else to do while you're in the area, then stop by. Interesting to find out that they import their grapes. I always thought that a winery was a place that grew grapes and made wine. The visit was okay but nothing exciting.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time coming here while visiting family nearby. We come here with high hopes, but the wine is just OK, and the guy pouring the wine is boring and tells everyone the same sphele over and over again. The outside is pretty with the exception of the trashy house at the entrance of the winery. Inside looks like a tacky pirate theme and lacks class. Please do something about the road ... clearly the pot holes need to be filled.

1  Thank adrijoy83
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was traveling from Myrtle Beach to Wilmington and noticed the signs about the Winery. I figured "why not" and stopped in for a sampling. The winery is an interesting set up, a large space, a bit of an odd art collection and decor. Their wine is absent of the local Muscadine grapes which makes for more ''traditional'' wines. For the most part I thought their wines were good, not great, nothing I would seek out, but good. Their pours were generous, and made for a great value. Their location is odd, and I'm not sure why they don't buy a storefront closer to the action. The person who walked me through the tasting was a bit of a strange duck as well. I could see him fitting in on the The Big Bang Theory TV show pretty easily.

traveler0418, Director of Sales at Silver Coast Winery, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

TryppAdams,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you noticed our signs and were able to stop into the Winery. We are a family owned and operated business and we are very proud of our International Award-winning wines. Our Winemaker is very well respected in the industry and has been making wine for over 30 years.

Our location allows us the ability to host guests while being able to properly take care of our winemaking process that sometimes requires the use of loud machines at odd hours. With the space we have, we are able to do what we need to without having the noise disturb our neighbors, and we have the ability to grow in the future.

We have also opened a storefront "in the action" on Howe St. in downtown Southport, NC. On your trip to from Myrtle Beach you also passed the turn off for Southport. As we grow we are continuing to look for more opportunities "closer to the action," while making sure we do so in a thoughtful way.

We hope to see you again the next time you pass by, either at the main Winery in Ocean Isle Beach, or at our Tasting Room in Southport, NC. If you haven't had the opportunity to go to. Southport yet, it is a very cute town on the water with lots of antique shops and was just featured in the Nicholas Sparks Movie, Save Haven.

Rebecca

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We always enjoy the wines and the atmosphere at Siver Coast. We have tried many wineries in N.C. and my husband and I agree that Silver Coast is our favorite. I usually enjoy white wines, but the rose is my favorite wine EVER,.. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose. The staff are very knowledgeable and not "stuffy" as we have experienced at some wineries. If you know nothing about wines you will learn a lot... if you are an experienced wine drinker you will either learn more or simply enjoy!

1  Thank SCwinegirl