“Best ribs and steak around...”
Review of Sugar Shack

Sugar Shack
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went with friends who had visited before, but it had been a while. We were not disappointed! The ribs were melt in your mouth and slid off the bones with ease. The steak was amazing, and my husband really enjoyed the tuna with mango sauce. The steak is huge so we recommend you share. I am not a huge sweet potato fan usually, but it came with each meal and was delicious as was the slaw. The service was impeccable! The only tiny, tiny negative was that it's a bit noisy in the small restaurant, but food and service outweigh that by a mile. We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

First time we'd eaten there, we went on recommendations of friends, and the reviews here. We were there on Sat night of Memorial Day weekend - so you can only expect that they were busy! In fact when we walked in the hostess asked if we had a reservation (which we didn't) and indicated they were booked up for the night - but since we were only a party of 3, she said give her a few minutes and she's see if she could squeeze us in, and she did! We only had to wait 15-20 minutes for a booth. We all ordered the ribs and they were 'fall off the bone' tender and delicious. I had the fries ands slaw as sides and they were both very good. Will definitly go back when we're in the area!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our family has been coming to Ocean Isle Beach for the last six years. The first year we ate at Sugar Shack and have not missed going there at least once per visit while at the beach. This is one of my oldest son's favorite restaurants. We look forward to eating there this year as well. Best Jamaican food I've had anywhere.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have eaten at the Sugar Shack several times. The food is good, but I hate to sit at a restaurant and not be able to talk to my friends and family. This is a loud place. If you like streaks, they are great! The coconut shrimp is good, also. It is a seasonal place, as they are only open half the year. It's small and the wait is usually long. I do not feel it is worth waiting to get in.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We both got the ribs, i also got the coconut shrimp. The ribs fell off the bone ! ( I ate them with my fork and didn't have to get my hands Messy :)) The shrimp were good too! We really liked the plantains and sweet potato. Oh and the in season tomato, mozzarella,basil salad with a very good vinaigrette . The Johnny cake was dessert. We went on Saturday and they have live music.