“Been good for years, now terrible!”
Review of Bart's BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bart's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Don't know what has happened. New owners? New cooks? Been coming here for years but something has gone terribly wrong. Previously good pork barbeque now has an off flavor mainly sharp taste of liquid smoke. Terrible. Previously good slaw is now sour, off flavor. Threw it all away since no one would eat it. WTF?

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice to know you have a choice of BBQ or Seafood here.
Food was great, unexpected surprise with the way the BBQ was done, and the sauce was unlike anything I have had before.
This is a restaurant with a home feeling with the staff, the daughter was quite friendly
explained the business.
But again, the food was great. Definitely will return on my next trip going down Rte 17

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

i went there today. Awesome family joint, the owners and their family are great. The food is pretty good too. We ordered fish bites and fish'n'chips for the kids and the missus, the fried fishes were great, not mushy and not flaky, they loved it. I ordered the regular pork bbq plate, and tell you unless they messed the order and brought me a large plate imstead, man that was A LOT of food! Bring your apettite. Very good pork, the Eastern NC sauce was a bit too vinegar-y, could have used more spices and reduced the bimegar. Also, if you are a Southerner that like me loves tea in your sugar, don't order the sweet tea, even with mote sugar added it tasted umsweet for me, but it should be perfect for a Yankee. :-)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

friendly staff. nothing remarkable but nothing dissappointing either. I plan to return in the future

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am a local and visit Barts at least twice a week. I love their food, tea and wonderful family atmosphere. They not only have BBQ but Seafood as well. All are reasonable in price and run by a family that understands and loves to give great service. I recommend it to all my visiting friends and family. Every meal has been great.