“Fair”

Giggling Mackerel Seafood Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Join us on our 3rd Floor Tiki Bar where the coldest Beer and Southern Hospitality awaits you. Located under the bridge on the Intracoastal Waterway. Open Thursday - Sunday 11:00am-9:00pm.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fair”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I eat seafood as much as possible... so I consider myself to be a harsh critic. That being said the giggling mackerel was alright. It was nothing spectacular and I wasn't moved to return. But it was decent fried seafood. A bit pricey, but the service was good and they easily accomodated a large family with no reservations (in April). And the views of the water are nice. So I'd go back and give it another shot if I was in the area as there are not a ton of choices on the island, but Sharky's next door is maybe a bit cheaper and better food in my opinion.

“Ocean Isle Staple”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I dined at the GM this past weekend. The food was superb!! Both my kids are really picky eater and even they agreed. The place is a bit pricy!! We paid $100 for a family of 4 but for the amount is food we recieved it was well worth the price.!

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great place for Lunch or Dinner!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Giggling Mackerel at Ocean Isle Beach is the place to go if you are wishing for a great lunch or dinner. The view of the Intracoastal Waterway and the bridge over it reminds you that you can sit back and enjoy your meal as the boats go by. I recently stopped in for lunch and had a grouper sandwich and my husband enjoyed his rare tuna steak sandwich. They make the best onion rings I have ever tasted. On other occasions, I have had the scallops, oysters and the steamed seafood platter with crab legs, clams, and shrimp. All have been perfectly cooked and service is friendly and usually very fast. I enjoyed one of their flavored icee cocktails which is just what you need on a hot summer day! You can dock your watercraft while you dine, take out or lose track of time on its rooftop tiki bar. There is also a bar with tv's in the dining room. The atmosphere is beachy and relaxed. Don't miss visiting the OIB Fishing Center and Gift Shop next door.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing food, even better service.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The food was excellent and we did not have to wait very long to get it. The atmosphere was great and was a very nice experience. My family and I finally feel like we're at the beach!

• Visited March 2013
myrtle beach
“Food was very good even after the "crowds" have left for the season.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Easy in, easy out. Good service. Food stays the same - good portions, prices. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Outside decks have great views.

Visited September 2012