“Great Wedding”

The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Isles, the area's only oceanfront restaurant and Tiki bar, proudly features fine cuisine using only the freshest regional ingredients. From private romantic dinners and family gatherings to banquets, wedding receptions, and corporate events, our serene atmosphere comfortably provides the perfect ambiance for all of your dining needs.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My daughter got married at the Isles on Sept. 28th. We could not have asked for a better place to hold a wedding. Marnie is absolutley the beat to work with, even last minute mishaps that are bound to happen. The ceremony was wnderful, everyone enjoyed the atmospher with the Tiki bar, food was good, service etc. It actually was better than I had imagined! Thank you Marnie and the staff at the Isles! You ROCK! SHout out to Tina, for being a great bartender!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food is more upscale, but you don't have to dress upscale! Been there before and are always pleased.

1  Thank Guardsfarm
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been coming to OIB for a few years now and was excited to return for Labor Day weekend. We usually sit at the beach bar, order drinks, and eat there to enjoy the view. Unfortunately the service was terrible on Saturday and Sunday. I went in to tell the manager on Saturday that the bartender needed some help outside and the manager did come out but the service continued to be slow. On Sunday this continued so I spoke to the manager personally. To my disappointment the service did not improve. Many people at the bar became angry and some left. I told the manager he should bring back the old bartenders like Nate who could multi-task, be friendly, and serve a large number of people all at once. At least make eye contact with folks and tell them you will be with them shortly. Although the food is good, the service was just miserable. Very disappointed!

1  Thank Jill W
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We continue to return here multiple times on each vacation we take. We have tried many places on and around Ocean Isle, and have not found anything to match the combination of food, service, and location of the Isles. Yes, the menu can be a little pricey. Also, there are very often wedding parties there on the weekends which can slow down service at the tiki bar outside. However, this is a wonderful place to sit and experience ocean side dining, sip some good drinks, and either snack or dine. There is a swimming pool between the bar and the ocean - so this isn't quite as ocean-front as some other places where the waves are crashing beneath you. It may be a bit out of the way for you if you are not staying on the west end of the island, but it is probably worth your trip down there at least once during your vacation.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I were in Ocean Isle for our anniversary. Someone recommended the Isle. It turned out to be a great recommendation. I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the salmon. They were both outstanding. I raved so much about the shrimp and grits,the waiter sent the chef, Marnia, out. She spent time talking with us about about her love of cooking. It was great since my wife and I love to cook. The waitstaff was great and the service was what expected. We will go back next summer. It was a great dinning experience.

1  Thank hawright69